↪ f o u r t e e n

it was a peaceful morning, jeno opens his eyes as he get his favorite pillow,  hugging it tightly before he can hear some chuckles coming from beside him.

"bongsik, what are doing here?" he greeted his younger brother, ruffling the little boy's hair.

"bongsik want to play with hyung" the five years old kid said.

jeno smiled as he stretches his arms out,  letting the little boy to sit on his abdomen.

"did you miss hyung?" jeno asked.

the little boy nods his head with his finger on his mouth.

it's been two days since jeno left jaemin's house,  his wounds were still fresh yet healing,  and his mindset,  still with the psychopath.

"jeno?" his mother said as he enters the room.

bongsik then quickly jumps to his mother,  letting her to carry the small kid.

"breakfast's ready, are your wounds still hurting?" his mother worriedly said.

jeno gices him a satisfied smiled,  slightly shaking his head but he could still feel a pinch of pain all over the wounds jaemin created.

"do you really have no intentions to complaint that person who hurt you?" she asked again.

"no, it's fine,  its just... " jeno was cutted when his little brother started to move again back to him, slightly kissing his cheeks making him to chuckle from his adorableness.

"hyung isn't hurt anymore" the little kid said.

jeno and his mother chuckled, giving a pinch on his little brother's cheeks.

"well then,  the food may get cold any moment from now,  hurry and fix yourself"

---

jeni started to eat his food, watching his cute little brother eating his own food as well.

his mother started to turn the television on,  diverting the two boys attention towards the television.

"crimes are rampant nowadays, maybe you're one of the victims son" his mother said as she leave heavy sigh.

"the allegedly criminal for the missing of several victims in our place has been identified, they said he is living alone and is a normal student of a university" the news which really struck jeno hard, leaving him with heavy breaths and unstable heartbeat.

"this is also the same suspect for the missing of one if the policeman in our town" the reporter on the tv show added.

jeni then started to eat his food hurriedly. "could it be jaemin?" he thinks to himself.

"son, are you okay?" his mother snapped.

jeno then quickly gives him a smile as he nod his head, turning his head back to face his little brother.

"son, that suspect on the tv, are you also one of his victims?" his mother added.

jeno raises his brows,  thinking deeply before he shook his head in response.  "his a different guy, and for sure,  he got a reason why he's doing it" he answered.

---

afternoon and the darkness started to drive all over the sky.

jeno locked his window door,  before he return to the sala downstairs,  seeing his younger brother sitting on the sofa and his mother doing his chores.

"jeno,  can you take this trash outside" his mother said as he lend the bag if trash to his son.

jeno immediately gets it without hesitation, skipping as he go outside until his wounds on his legs started to flick making him to walk normally.

he throw the trash on the community garbage bin, sighing before he take a step to return inside.

right before he enters the gate,  he suddenly feels a familiar feeling where someone's looking behind him.

curious yet he know it was something he always wanted to feel ever since he left jaemin so he slowly turn his head,  only to make him gasp as his eyes started to get teary.

he hold his lips as he could feel his knees started to get shaky and loosing energy, never prevented a tear to fall from his right eye.

the stranger removes his cap,  realizing there are some people who started to recognize him so he decided to turn around and run away.

jeno then quickly rub his eyes, looking back carefully until the person left the scene.

"jae-jaemin?"

---

Author

It's already 1am hete in our place and i can't sleep lmao.  Anyway, be choosing an active reader here for the next chapter 😉

and don't forget to vote and comment 💞