No One's Gonna Find Miss Jackson

The last thing I saw was Ryan clasping tightly to the body I once possessed as it flaked away into empty space before his watery eyes. He was gone. I was gone..? All my surrounding disappeared. The streetlights, the rising sun, the bench, sidewalk, road, everything! It was all crumbling and fading away as fast as I was, leaving me in a desert wasteland that seemed to go on into an artificial light then darkness. At least, I think it was artificial.

"Such a tragic way to go out, my dear." A voice with a slight accent said from behind me. "You were going to get married, see your mute friend on a daily basis after four years apart, and live happily ever after. It's funny that you thought so highly of your actions, because you clearly don't know how time works." 

I turned to see a platinum haired woman swagger toward me. Peacock feathers pultruded from her head and her black eyes turned to a healthy shade of green. She wore a devilish black dress that shimmered from the overwhelming white spotlight shining down on her. In her hand, she was tossing about a bad apple. Why a bad one and not a good one was beyond my comprehension. The only proper accessory she bare on her was a lone old iron key around her neck that pulsated with a dark aura. "Actually," she said before taking a bite of the browned apple, "I thought he wouldn't believe you after all the proof you and I both tried to provide him. But I guess there are some things even I can't control." She sighed, stroking her long nails through her long platinum locks. "Besides, you know what a pretty boy once said, 'kisses give you stitches.' Or at least it was something along those lines." She chuckled as she continued to munch on the brown mush.

It was her. The one who invaded my thoughts at midnight. The voice that never left me alone since that thunderstorm all those years ago. The entity I could never put a face to. So if this was her, then where did that put us? I lifted my chin and walked with lead feet toward her. "Miss Jackson." I spat with venom. "This is all your doing. Do you think I wanted to be here? There? Whatever! That wish wasn't my choice. You did this to me...you...you damn witch! You're rotten to the core!"

"I only come when I am called by chance or with intention; during the rain in the heart of night. You answered me, and that's all it took. Either way, that's what you get when a bad apple gives you all away." She said without remorse, coming closer.

I balled up my fists. "What Kingdom Hearts bullshit is this??" I shouted. "Like seriously, what the hell is going on? Where are we? What did you do to Ryan and the others? What-"

Miss Jackson twirled her finger and my mouth snapped shut. I tried to open my mouth for spit more 'what for,' but it was as if my lips were clamped together. I tried to uses my fingers to pry them open, but not even that worked. I couldn't even feel my nails digging into my lips. I had lost all feelings in my mouth. I gave a panicked look to a smirking Miss Jackson with her index finger still gyrating. "I do not know what you speak of, this kingdom of hearts, but I need you to zip that lip up tight for a bit, my dear. One question at a time. You're haughty attitude is giving me a headache."

Miss Jackson turned her back to me and began walking. I had nothing better to do than follow behind in silence. "You could say you're in my house now, because we are everywhere and nowhere at the same time. It is my space for overseeing and resting, a place where only I reside. I will admit, because of your actions, you are the first guest I willing pulled here after their wish was complete. Then again, you are the one of few to defy the rule of wishing for the wellbeing of another." Miss Jackson stopped at the drop off of desert land. No road in front, just darkness. She turned to me as I felt a chill go down my spine. "You wished on someone else." Was that not normal? I thought to myself. Seeing that I'm her first guest, that must've been the case...for some reason. But that still didn't explain why she made it so hard to get out of the timeline I was in. I tried to open my mouth again, but to no avail.