F I F T Y • N I N E

I'm fifty nine and I'm a grandfather.

Eloise just had a little baby boy. Claire and I both think that twenty six is a little young to have a child, but we know our daughter and we know she'll be a good mother. I just hope she's not going to regret not making the most out of her twenties. Claire and I might have had our kids a little late, but we got to really enjoy our time without any responsibilities. I hope Eloise is not going to regret not having those years for herself and her boyfriend.

The father of her child is a very nice guy. In the end, our daughter didn't pick a total douchebag and for that I am very grateful.

He's not her usual type. Eliah keeps joking that Eloise was bound to have a kid soon because she was dating a dude with a dad's bod. Eliah is still his usual little shit. But he's adorable when he's taking care of his little nephew.

It's crazy to think that one of our babies has a baby of her own. Feels like just yesterday we were still changing her diapers and she's a mother now.

I'm not complaining though. I'm beyond excited to be a grandparent. It's all the fun of having a baby without the actual responsibilities. Now, if I just hug our little Dean all the time and never discipline him it's totally okay because I'm not supposed to do anything else. No one can reprimand me.

They all make fun of me when I make that remark, but they let me be. I guess they know their old man.