Chapter 8: Violets

I found it surprising to see all the residents of Skyloft settling down on the surface. There were cabins lined up around the green clearing a bit past the woods, to the west. I looked down to where I could see the greenery of the forest, I know that I've been down here before. Zelda told me that after an accident during the Wing ceremony, I accompanied Link on his journey to save her. I spoke to Link a bit later to get a few more details on what we experienced together down here, but he just gave me a smile and said that I was an amazing fighter. He looked so sad when he said that. I'm assuming that was what caused the accident. I got too carried away. I got myself into this mess and made my friends suffer.

I really can't remember much of how I met Zelda and Link. At first, I assumed that it was probably through school, but I remember everyone else who I met there. So logically, since I can barely recall any moment from my childhood and them, they must have been part of it too.

Speaking of childhood, I don't even remember living with my parents for very long. I moved into the academy around the time that I was twelve, ever since then I would just get into petty arguments with them.

Why did they kick me out in the first place?

I arrived at the house with a sign of my sir name carved into it. As I looked at the place from outside, it was fairly large. That drunkard really can work well whenever he isn't downing ten glasses within twenty minutes...

Why did he even drink so much?

Why do I want to turn away so badly?

Even if I wanted to, the front door opened wide and it was too late for me to turn back. Arms snaked around my shoulders and I was pulled into a tight embrace by my mother.

"Why are you standing out here? Are you just in awe at the beautiful home your father built for us?" My mother gave me a smile, ushering me in. The strong aroma of vegetable stew slapped me in the face almost immediately. "We heard you woke up three weeks ago but were busy tidying up the place for your arrival, forgive us, dear."

The inside of the house seemed even larger, the kitchen was open so you could see the dining room and living room all at once, as well as a huge fireplace surrounded by long plush couches. I completely forgot my dad used to be the head carpenter of the town before he mentored Jakamar and well... He took over as my dad developed his drinking problem.

My remlit, (Pet Name), poked its head out of my satchel at the smell of food, meowing obnoxiously that it was hungry.

"(Y/n), it's good to see you!" My father was sitting next to the fireplace reading a book. He closed it and pointed at my bag with it. "You have a remlit?" I slowly nodded, looking at my mother and silently asking if I could let it out.

"Yeah, it's named (Pet's Name)." It hopped out of my bag and leaped onto my father almost immediately.

"Well, aren't cha' the friendly thing?" He laughed, scratching its chin.

It felt so foreign having this sight before me. All I really remember was constantly arguing with them... so much screaming... so much crying... but for what?

"(Y/n), dear, set down your bag in your room so we can have dinner." My mother placed her hands on my shoulders, gently directing me to the hallway across from the entrance. "It's the last one down the hall." I slowly nodded, taking out (Pet's Name)'s food and water bowl out of my backpack and setting it down near the living room before filling them. I walked down the dim corridor, my hand resting on the knob before pushing the door open. I saw a large bed pushed against the wall in between two windows, a desk was placed in the corner of the large room beside a bookshelf mounted to the wall as well as a vanity opposite to it on the other side of the room. Long curtains were tied to the side with ribbons to let in the sunlight, giving the room a warm glow. The wooden floor was covered with a large decorative rug, it had colorful floral patterns and swirls. "If you don't like how it's set up, we could always rearrange the room for you." My mother said as she looked around. I shook my head.