Sick and alone

I let out a sigh as I laid in bed on my side. It had been a couple of days and I hadn't seen Daryl. I was stuck in here with Glenn and Hershel. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was hard to stay away from Daryl.

"Stop worrying, Daryl will be back with that medicine before you know it." Hershel said softly.

"I hope so." I said softly.

"How do you feel?" He asked sitting beside me.

"Sore and weak, but besides that I'm fine.... how is Glenn?" I asked pulling my legs to my chest.

"He is strong. Just like you." He said with a smile.

"Daryl asked me to be his girl." I said softly.

"And?"

"And I said I didn't know.... Hershel I care about him a lot and I don't want to ruin this.... I can't ruin this." I said softly.

"You will never know if you don't try. You can't let one mistake ruin your life. Now I need to go check on the others." He said with a smile.

"Thanks Hershel." I said softly.

I laid back on the bed and waited for Daryl. I soon heard a commotion and I saw a walker with a mask chasing a girl. I grabbed my gun and frowned as I aimed at it.

"Don't hit the bag!" Hershel yelled.

I nodded my head and hit it in the forehead. The girl grabbed the bag and we rushed to Glenn. Hershel was able to help him and I gasped for air as I set down beside the girl.

"That was super brave." I said out of breath.

"Thank you." She said with a smile.

"Y/n." I said holding my hand out.

"Lizzie." She said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you Lizzie." I said softly.

I sent Hershel a weak smile before I passed out. When I woke up I was in bed and had an iv in my arm. I looked to my side to see Daryl asleep. I reached out and gently took his hand. I saw him slowly open his eyes and then he jumped up.

"Y/n! Your awake." He said happily.

"I missed you." I whispered as he took my hand.

"Sorry I took me so long." He whispered.

"Don't worry about it Swamp Rat." I whispered as he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

I smiled as I pulled him to lay beside me on the bed. I laid my head on his chest and smiled as I listened to his breathing before I fell back to sleep. The next day Carl came to visit me and I smiled as he brought me a book.

"Thanks kiddo. So how is everyone?" I asked with a smile.

"They are good.... so when will you be able to leave?" He asked softly.

"Shouldn't be long. Before you know it I'll be out and about. Did you ever find those candy bars?" I asked with a smile.

"Yea I saved you one." He said as he handed it to me.

I laughed and I smiled as we ate the candy bars and talked. After awhile the prison was attacked and I was left with Glenn. When he got off the bus I got off with him. We met a woman named Tara and then we ran into a group. We started towards Washington and I let out a sigh as Eugene flirted with me.

"I am taken." I said calmly.

"Oh.... alright." Eugene said walking away.

"So you and Daryl?" Glenn asked with a smile.

"Shut up." I said as we continued to walk.

He laughed and soon we found Maggie and I smiled as she hugged Glenn and then me.

"I missed your ugly face." I said with a laugh.

"It's good to see you still have a humor." She said shaking her head.

I laughed and smiled as she hugged me tightly and then we started to walk to a place called Terminus. We were locked into a room and I was tied up. I screamed as I hit the side. After awhile I was dragged out and taken to another location. I tried to break feee but soon a woman walked into the room.

"I'm going to have fun killing you." She said with a smile.

"When I get out of here.... I'm going to make sure I cut you like a fish." I said angrily.

I started to cough and she frowned as she walked up to me.

"Sure you will." She said a she moved to kill me.

I kicked her feet from under her and smiled as I broke the rope and ran out of the building. I ran into Carol and smiled as she helped me escape. Soon we made it out and then we saw the others. Daryl rushed up and hugged her before turning to look at me. I smiled softly as I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him. He let out a chuckle as he spun me around and then put me back down and kissed me.

"God I missed you." He whispered against my lips.

"I missed you too Swamp Rat." I whispered as I hugged him tightly.

After awhile we start moving again and we make it to a church and meet a man named Gabriel Strokes. We soon learned he had abandoned all of his people. After getting some food we stayed at the church and I stayed in Daryl's arms.

"Hey." He said softly.

"Hi." I whispered as I smiled up at him.

"I didn't think I'd ever find you." He said as he grabbed my hand.

I interlaced our fingers and brought his hand up and kissed it.

"Please, like I could stay away." I whispered as I leaned back and gently kissed him.

He smiled into the kiss and I said my head back and fell asleep against him. Soon Terminus returned and we lost Bob. After Bob was killed Abraham and the others left with Glenn, Maggie, and Tara. I stayed with Daryl and soon we found Beth, but she was killed a long with Tyreese. After Beth was killed Daryl gave me the cold shoulder. I let out a sigh and snuck into his tent.

"What do you want?" He asked annoyed.

"Talk to me." I whispered softly.

"About what?" He asked annoyed.

"I miss her too." I said as I set beside him.

He sent me a look and then looked away and tried to hold back the tears. I let out a sigh and I crawled to him and wrapped my arms around him. He pulled me against him and cried on my shoulder.