A new life

Not long after everything had been fixed up they all left to get better equipment. I was forced to stay and wait for my gold to be born.

"Don't worry before you know it you will have a healthy baby boy." Siddiq said with a smile.

"I want this to be over. This kid is killing me." I said with a groan.

"They say the last month is the hardest, but don't worry it will be fine." He said with a smile.

Soon Maggie returned and I let out a sigh as we lost another person. After the funeral Maggie left to get some rest and I walked through the Hilltop. I crossed my arms over my chest and smiled softly as I looked out at the world.

"I promise you.... I will never let anything happen to you." I whispered as I rubbed my stomach.

The next night Maggie was attacked and she was forced to hang Gregory. I saw Daryl with the others and I looked away as Gregory was hung. After it happen I felt a pain in my stomach and I turned to Jesus.

"My water just broke." I said before I felt a pain.

I fell to the ground and Jesus helped me up.

"Siddiq! The baby is coming!" Jesus screamed as he helped me inside.

I was placed on a bed and I screamed as a sharp pain hit me.

"Maggie! I'm going to fucking kill you!" I screamed as I tried to breath.

"You need to breath." Siddiq said softly.

"I'm trying!" I snapped.

"I need someone to calm her down." Siddiq said as he looked around.

"(Y/n).... you need to calm down." Jesus said softly.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I screamed.

"I tried." He said as he rushed out of the room.

"(Y/n)..... I need you to calm down. Yo hate making it hard for the doctor." Rick said calmly.

I sent him a look and he left the room quickly.

"If she doesn't calm down there is no way she can have the baby." Siddiq said softly.

"Hey.... take a deep breath and hold it in." Daryl said as he climbed into the bed and put me in his lap.

I did what he said and then he sent me a small smile a she told me to let the breath out.

"Okay now I want you to focus on me. When you hear push you push with all your might alright." He said as he held my hand.

I nodded my head and I gently squeezed his hand. Two hours later I welcomed a baby boy to the world. I smiled as Siddiq handed him to me and I gently rocked him.

"Hi..... I'm your mommy." I said through tear filled eyes.

Daryl's grip on my tightened and I leaned back on him as he held me.

"What's his name?" He asked softly.

"Merle Carlson Dixon.... after Merle and Carl." I said softly.

He put his head on my shoulder and I felt tears fall. I gently moved my head and kissed the top of his. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.

"I'll leave you all alone." Siddiq said softly.

I sent him a smile and watched as he walked out of the room. I turned to look at Daryl and saw tears streaming down his face.

"I'm sorry.... for all the secrets I kept from you." I whispered as he looked at Merle.

"No.... I should be sorry. I pushed you away. I guess I was mad that.... that you didn't want to be a parent with me." He said softly.

"Didn't want to be a parent with you? Daryl that was never why I was trying not to have Merle.... I was scared, and I still am. I was scared that I wasn't good enough or strong enough." I said softly.

"You are the strongest woman I know..... and for being good enough, no one is as good as you." He said kissing my forehead.

"I miss you." I said softly.

"I'm here now.... and I'm not leaving you.... either of you again." He said as he kissed me gently.

It was a quick peck and he pulled away after. I smiled as I laid my head on his chest and fell asleep with Merle in my arms. The next morning I woke up and Merle was in a crib. I smiled as I looked up and saw I was laying on Daryl. I leaned up and pecked his lips before I laid my head on his chest.

"Morning." He whispered.

"How did you sleep?" I asked softly.

"Like a rock. Didn't know how much I missed sleeping beside you until I hadn't for nine months." He said with a smile.

"It was hard for me to. I mean do you know how hard it is to sleep on just a plain bed? I mean you are so much more comfortable than my bed." I said with a smile.

He let out a chuckle and I sent him a wink. He rolled his eyes at me and kissed my forehead. Soon he got up and left to help with the bridge. After awhile things got easier and we started to grow. But it changed when the bridge was half done. The Saviors started to go missing and soon a fight happen. After the fight the bridge got blown up and Rick with it.

"Daryl..... can I come in?" I asked softly.

He open the door and pulled me inside. His arms wrapped around me and I hugged him tightly as he started crying. I rubbed his back and soon he calmed down.

"Look at me. It isn't your fault." I said as I took his hand.

He shook his head and I let out a sigh as I kissed his forehead.

"I love you and I want you to know no one blames you..... no one." I said as I hugged him again.

As the years past we made Hilltop into something and Merle got bigger.