Part 40: The wedding reception

CHERYLS POV

It had been half an hour since Toni and I left the venue as we just made it to the reception where all our guests were sat down in their allocated seats. We got out the car as we took each others hand. We walked into the room where I heard FP shout "Ladies and Gentleman please welcome Mrs and Mrs Topaz-Blossom" Everyone began to cheer as we made it to our seats at the top table where we sat next to all our close friends and family. We gave everyone 10 minutes to catch up with each other before Toni and I decided it was best to do the speeches so I grabbed the microphone and began to speak. "Hey guys, so firstly Toni and I would like to thank everyone for coming to our special day. It means a lot to us both and I just want to say I really do love you Toni, I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together. Thank you again and now you can hear from the bridesmaids and then the groomsmen. Ladies take it away" I handed to microphone to Veronica and Betty. "Okay hey guys so as Cheryls bridesmaids we are meant to tell many embarrassing stories. As many of you know Cheryl and I didn't get off on the best foot. I mean she hated both of us but look at us now. When Toni and the serpents first moved to Riverdale High It was no secret Cheryl wasn't best pleased. She just hated that those 'sapphic serpents' had turned up to her precious school. We all thought that there was a timer on a bomb waiting to explode but little did we know that she had a soft spot for one of them and that was Toni. Now I want to tell a story about something that happened literally last night" I tried to remember what happened but I couldn't, I looked to Toni and she began laughing. I wonder what happened. "Okay so Toni left to hang out with the boys as Cheryl called the girls around. She got a bit drunk well a lot drunk she phoned Toni and started to say she missed her and when Toni said she was drunk she got angry and put the phone down. Toni phoned us and then Cheryl began crying at a picture on her phone of them two as she thought Toni wasn't single so that means she didn't even recognise herself. Now that we have embarrassed her lets all raise a glass to the happy couple Toni and Cheryl" I wanted to kill Veronica. "Okay Hey guys for those of you who don't know we are the groomsmen and Toni has been like a little sister to us since she joined the serpents. We aren't the safest of people but we protect each other and that is enough. When Toni first got with Cheryl I'm not going to lie but I didn't like the idea of her dating a Northside princess but we got to know her, she let us into her home, she joined the serpents and she also protected and saved Toni on many different occasions and for that thank you Red. I mean it from the bottom of my heart that I love you and we will protect you both as long as you both shall live. To the happy couple" The music started playing as people spoke. "Hey baby girl, how are you?" Toni asked me. "I'm perfect babe, how about you?" I replied. "I am just swell. I got to marry the girl of my dreams of course" we kissed a couple of times before we got called up to do our first dance. "Okay people please welcome Mrs and Mrs Topaz-Blossom" We heard the someone shout. We made it to the middle of the dance floor as the music came on. We decided to dance to 'More than words' by Extreme. We chose this song for a reason and the lyrics say it all. We began to sway as my arms made it around Tonis neck. She put her arms around my waist. "I love you so much Princess" Toni whispered to me so nobody could hear. "I love you too baby" We lifted our heads as we leaned in and kissed. We carried on swaying to the song until all the other couples joined in. I loved this. Me surrounded by the people I care about the most. My wife, my friends and my family, the serpents. Im glad they are here and I now realise that after all the years I protested against the Southside, I was rooting for the wrong side and I also fit in more with the serpents than I did anyone else which can really say a lot. 

As the song finished we made it back to the table where we were waiting to cut the cake. "I love you so so much baby girl" Toni told me affectionately. "I love you so much too babe, I just want you to know that this will be the best day of my life and nothing can replace it" We smiled at each other and leaned in to kiss before we got stopped by FP telling us we can cut the cake. We smiled at one another before we stood up and walked over to the cake which looked absolutely amazing. As Toni is smaller she grabbed the knife while I stood behind her and placed my hands on top of hers as everyone gathered around. Toni looked up at me and smiled while we let the gravity take over and cut the cake we kissed as we put the knife down. We took the first piece and went and sat down. Toni grabbed the fork and took a bit off it and fed it to me. "I swear to god if that cake lands on me or my dress we won't be having sex until we are back from our honeymoon, got it?" I slightly threatened Toni. She looked scared and quickly nodded. I smiled as she started to feed me the rest of the cake. 

TONIS POV

I loved this, just being around people who I care about and who care about me. I wouldn't trade it for the world. After a while Cheryl and I began to dance to many songs. I loved this girl more than anyone knew. We danced and laughed until Cheryl and I had to leave to catch our flight. "Baby we need to leave to catch our flights" I told her. "Okay well lets get the megaphone and we can do it" I went to fetch the mega phone. "Hey guys Cheryl and I want to thank you all for coming and making our day so special but as of now we have to leave to catch our flights but please carry on and drink until the sun comes up. Its all on us. Bye guys" Everyone cheered as we left the venue. "Okay babe are you going to tell me where we are going?" "Only time will tell Princess" I teased her. She looked really annoyed at this point and I was worried she wouldn't have sex with me for like a month so I decided to tell her. "Okay fine I will tell you. We are going...."