1.5

"Why do we even hang out at this point, I swear you only want to follow me around because of those bullies!" The blonde exclaimed, throwing his hands up in frustration. Ashton and Luke had been walking down the hall together, and Luke had not asked nor told Ashton to follow him, but the punk insisted- yet refused to provide a reason to why.

Ashton shook his head and rolled his pretty hazel eyes, "You aren't able to protect yourself either way, though that is not the main reason I'm following you. Why are you so upset with me for being worried Luke, I mean- it feels like at least once a week we are meeting in the boy's bathroom to clean up your cuts and hide your bruises."

Luke crossed his arms and came to a complete stop in the hallway. He turned on his heel, his worn converse squeaking slightly due to his movement. "How will I ever be a police officer, if I can't protect myself. If I always have you fighting the bad guys for me, will I ever be able to do it myself?"

The punk pursed his lips and turned away, remaining silent as he stood a few feet from Luke. Both teenagers in static poses, waiting for someone to say or do something. Luke decided to make the move, turning and continuing to walk. Leaving Ashton right behind him, not looking back to see if he was following, because he already knew he was. No matter how hard he tried, Ashton would always be convinced that Luke was in danger. He wasn't however, and the man was way too overdramatic.

"Will, you ever realize that you are fragile? You insist on being a cop, how about when it goes wrong? How about when you die Luke?" Ashton asked, his voice echoing in the empty hallway, Luke cringed and wished that school was still in session so he could be avoiding this conversation.

The blonde gripped the straps of his backpack much more firmly and was the one to remain silent this time. Everyone is afraid of losing their life, and him being an officer may pose a higher risk of that. But this was Apollo Bay, nothing ever happened here. It was a small town where the worse thing he would see was drug deals and vandalism from spoiled kids trying to rebel.

Speeding up his pace, Ashton up quickly and made sure to keep his footsteps quiet to keep it subtle. He placed his hand on Luke's shoulder, "Ignoring me now? The truth hurts."

The teen shoved Ashton away from him in frustration, "Having a nonsupportive friend hurts, and friend who barely lets me in. We are more of acquaintances at this point, Ashton, if you don't want to put in the same amount of effort I put in, then go right ahead. But don't expect for me to ever take anything you say seriously! Last time I checked, you don't have the right to be telling me what you think I should look into. When I'm an officer, I will keep Apollo Bay safe. I won't need some partner helping me do it! I'm not afraid of the bad, why do you think I gave you a chance!" Luke yelled, taking off down the hall towards the main entrance of their school, leaving Ashton shocked and saddened by Luke's words. The punk knew Luke had become overwhelmed by the things he had said, so it was best to give him time. But, his heart felt like it was a weight in his chest, and his eyes felt like they were burning. He, however, turned around and exited through the back entrance of the school. Deciding Luke and him needed space from each other.

"You won't make it as an officer." Ashton whispered, pushing the back entrance doors open. Walking around the school to the parking lot and back towards his new friend Michael's apartment.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Ashton stared at the phone in his hand, the line had gone dead, his heart was racing.
"Officer!" He shouted, watching one of the cops stare at him in irritation.