Chapter Fifteen

Zi Xuan felt like he was shirking. "You're moving? Why? Do I not take good enough care of you?"

She shook her head hurriedly. "No, no. I just... I'm falling in love. You know how it feels. I'm going to move in with HoJae."

Zi Xuan's hands balled themselves in fists. The tendons on his neck tightened, revealing blue veins. "Are you sure? You've only been dating him for..."

"Two weeks." She finished for him. "We've been dating for two weeks. But I know he's the one for me."

Zi Xuan's muscled tensed. "You don't know that. You've been dating him for two weeks." Zi Xuan shook his head. "I won't allow you to move in with him."

Qian Rui stood up straighter. It was obviously a face-off between these two siblings to find out who had more authority, while their parents stood to the side and let them deal with it. "If you won't let me move in with him, I'll tell mom and dad about your boyfriend." She switched her gaze onto Yu Hao, glaring at him shortly. "You know what they'll say."

Zi Xuan sighed, his hot air escaping and his muscles becoming loose again. "Why don't I make you a deal. If he lives with us for two weeks so I can see how he treats you, I'll let you move out. And you have to swear not to say anything to mom and dad."

Qian Rui nodded slowly, then took two steps across the living room to Zi Xuan's outstretched hand. "Deal?" Asked Zi Xuan, glaring slightly at his sister.

"Deal." Their hands clasped together in a tight handshake.

•••

The two men took things as slow as a young couple possibly could. They hardly spent any time apart since they now lived together, and they managed to get the household running much more smoothly than either of theirs was before.

Zi Xuan would shop for groceries, and Yu Hao would cook. Zi Xuan would drive and Yu Hao would play music. Zi Xuan would make the popcorn and Yu Hao would pick the movie.

It was given that they argued a lot. More than most couples would. They argued about stupid things, which would change into serious things, and they wouldn't talk to each other for a few hours, both taking their time to get over it.

No matter what, they would push the reset button the next day and wake up in a better mood. Zi Xuan wanted to take care of Yu Hao and keep him from doing anything bad.

Yu Hao could feel himself falling in love with Zi Xuan and all his quirks. How he had to organize the laundry by lights, darks and colours. How 90% of the his closet was button up shirts. How he snored when he slept, and wanted to cuddle something, even if it was just a pillow and not Yu Hao.

He loved Xuan, and it scared the shit out of him. Never in his life had he been in this kind of relationship, where he was treated so well and cared for. A couple months ago, he wouldn't have wanted this. He would've been just fine with his bachelor lifestyle and he's constant stream of sex and drugs he received. But now, he was more than happy just being around Zi Xuan.

Zi Xuan loved him too. He always had, in a way, but now it was even stronger. Just one look at Yu Hao and his heart would swell. A kiss was a pleasure that was enjoyed anytime they were alone, and it sent electric shock waves through him.

Yu Hao was perfect for him. Somehow, two people who contradicted each other greatly were amazing together. When Yu Hao was in a bad mood Zi Xuan was quiet. When Zi Xuan was upset Yu Hao was there to comfort him. Even when they slept, normally arguing about the temperature in the room (Zi Xuan slept in cold and Yu Hao slept in warmth) they fixed it. Zi Xuan's skin was usually unbearably warm, while Yu Hao's was always somewhat icy and cold.

For both of them, it was entirely different to be with a man. With a woman, there was always room to be classy and romantic. Always something to be fixed or something to improve. Of course, Yu Hao and Zi Xuan weren't perfect, but there was something different. When with a woman one was smooth and gentle. But with each other they were allowed to let their passion thrive, to feel each other in a way no one else was permitted to.

In two weeks, Qian Rui moved out, leaving Zi Xuan and Yu Hao in the apartment together. It was hard for Zi Xuan to let her leave, but he knew now that HoJae would treat her well. And it left more time for Yu Hao and him to find their pace in love.

November ended and December began, and so did planning for Christmas. And that's when things started to heat up, a fire of passion rising from the coals of their newfound love.

A/N:

I have a swim meet this weekend so I won't be posting anything. Wish me luck!