chapter six

Calum yawned, screwing his eyes shut as he fell in to his bed. They finally were given hotel rooms, the result of having being in the same city for two shows and an added day for rest and recuperation. His schedule was already filled, Ashton having took the liberty to pencil in a 'not-party' at Jack's in an hour and another 'just-a-get-together' at Ashley's tomorrow before they pack up for the road again. A whole few days of him and Ashton being together, no Luke to break them apart, no Michael to get between them, and especially no disease to force him away for the good of his own life.

It almost felt too good to be true.

He held his bottle in his hand and then looked at the sticker. He's been taking them, and he felt fine, but where did they come from? Who on his bus knew, and where did they find these?

It said to take it at night before bed, but he rolled his eyes and then placed one on his tongue before taking a sip of his energy drink. Did it really matter what time he took it? As ling as it got into his system, it shouldn't matter, right?

He smiled at the ceiling and then perked up when he heard a knock on his door. "You ready, mate?" He heard Ashton's voice and he shoved the bottle beneath his pillow.

"Yeah!" He called as he hopped on to his feet and ran to the door. He practically ripped it open, and then smiled at his best friend as he waited there looking as gorgeous as ever.

There was something about his half buttoned shirt, the chain connected to the belt loops of his pants, and the leather jacket on his back that made him want the man to absolutely destroy him. Don't even get him started on his plaid pants and the way they were tight in all the right places. He was just so attractive, and it hurt even more to know he had a personality just as golden.

If his feelings weren't muted by the medication he would have coughed up a whole bloody bush right now, that's how hard he can feel his heart beat.

"Ready?" He asked again and Calum nodded.

"Let's fuck shit up." He told him and they laughed as they walked off after Calum locked his door.

-

It was loud. He can feel his hones rattle with the beat of the bass and his vision crossed as neons chased each other alongside him. Liquor in his veins, he was loose and languid, laughing when others did and drinking when someone else was. His feet had minds of their own as he 'danced' alongside a group of fellow musicians all on vacation or hiatus, and then he cheered with everyone else as he saw two girls grab each other and pretend to grind on each other. It was something he's seen them do often, so maybe they were together. Or maybe they were just friends who liked to joke around. He didn't honestly care as much as the people around him.

But five more shots later with a circle of friends and new faces, he realized no one cares about what anyone else was doing anymore. Not when three people were stumbling to get chicken wings, two were off sucking each other's tongues from their mouths, one was being whisked away by some petite blond, and he was watching Ashton pop another button undone and handing him his leather jacket.

"I'm hot."

Calum spoke before he thought.

"You are."

He was too drunk to be embarrassed anyways.

Ashton winked, and Calum felt his cheeks heat up as he jokingly grabbed him by his new sleeve. "Hey, cutie, come here often? Wanna dance?" He asked and Calum laughed as he followed him to a spot that had more people, causing them to have to stand closer together.

He smelt like booze and mint, and had a mischievous smile on his lips that caused his dimples to appear. The bassist wanted to kiss that grin off his stupid lips.

They danced in front of each other, laughing when the other stumbled or tripped over their own feet. Calum had to stop Ashton from doing some internet dance and embarrassing them, and Ashton had to stop him from accidentally elbowing a shorter girl in the face. It was a mess, but Calum was having fun.

Until he turned around to grab a drink from his friend at a neighboring table and he felt two hands on his waist. He looked down, stumbling as he saw a familiar set of rings and painted nails. He felt heat pool in his cheeks and he took a swig of his beer as he leans into the touch, feeling his band mate's chin rest on his shoulder and his chest pressed against his back.

"Wanna dance?" He asked against and Calum turned to look at him. He didn't look himself, but it could just be Calum's blurry vision and intoxicated state.

"Like that?" He pointed to a couple grinding and Ashton nodded as he pulled his hips back. He even kissed his cheek, his hands guiding his hips as the liquid confidence did it's work between them.

And maybe they took an Uber back to their hotel rooms, the two giggling as their feet stomped on the floors and their bodies tripped into Ashton's room. Calum looked down at him from his spot on his chest, and they both laughed until they were red faces and out of breath.

Until suddenly they weren't laughing, and the weight of Calum's body on Ashton felt less like an accident. Calum swallowed his spit and Ashton used his foot to try and kick his door shut, isolating the two from the rest of the world. Brown eyes started into hazel, both clouded, both darkened, and both glittering with stars that made the other never want to look away.

"I wanna kiss you." Ashton said bluntly. "Is that weird?"

Calum quickly shook his head.

"What about if I said I like the way you feel on top of me?" He continues and Calum shivered as he felt his friend's hand slid up the shirt that's come untucked.

"Still not weird."

"No?" He asked and Calum shook his head. "What if I told you I like the way you felt grinding on me in the club?"

Calum grinned as Ashton's fingertips teased the skin of his stomach experimentally. "Seems normal."

"Am I gonna have to do it or are you?" Ashton huffed and Calum tilted his head to the side.

"What?"

Ashton pressed his lips against Calum's and the younger boy misses him back almost instantly. It didn't feel bad to be kissing his crush, but it also didn't feel good. It just felt like lips on his, boring, plain, and soft. His lips were soft though.

"My room?"

"We're already there." Calum reminded him and they both laughed as they got up and practically ran.