CHAPTER-FOURTEEN

A month later...

Life has been great I've moved out my parents place now I'm living on my own found a one bedroom apartment in Inglewood.

Living on my own I'm working on my EP Chris is helping with make connections with producers and he's scored me gigs singing at small venues and I've been writing more some songs for me and I've scored a seat in the writers room a few times.

Nothing too big for now I'm still working my way up the food chain I'm technically not signed to a label yet I'm independent but Chris told me once I get a fan base and some hot music out I'd have some leverage over the major record companies.

I'd be able to negotiate my contract so I'd get something out the deal rather it's creative control which is something I really want and need I don't wanna be somebodies puppet.

Back in the present I just finished my photo shoot today for the artwork for the EP I wanted to go retro like 90's style with Aaliyah's first album cover with R.Kelly in the background I wanted to recreate it but with my own different twist.

The first conversation Chris and I had after I signed with him is that I couldn't use my name because Aaliyah's name is copyrighted and being that she's a singer and I'm a singer it would be a conflict it took me forever to pick a name I still wanted something unique and I definitely wanted it to be short.

So I picked Solé it's my last name and it has a nice ring to it.

I got a DM from a known producer Eric B. He's worked with lots of R&B singers from Ciara to Rihanna he saw a clip of one of my news songs I posted on Instagram he wants to work with me.

I'm meeting him at the studio today he booked some studio time at a recording studio smack dab in Beverly Hills it's a popular recording studio where a lot of A-list artist visit.

I made sure to be on time the check in process was expensive the security in that place didn't play they needed to know who you were also they asked for ID than they ringed Eric confirming my session before I was able to go up.

Once I finally made my way to the suite I felt more at ease because I wasn't being hassled I brought some of my own material so I'd be prepared.

My first impression of Eric is that he reminds me of a lot of LA guys very stylish, cool, he was brown-skin only a few inches taller than me but he had the build of a football player in incredible shape I could see it though his Versace sweater.

" thanks, for coming" he said standing up to shake my hand.

" thanks, for inviting me I appreciate it" I said.

He introduced me to his team he went right into the music he played three songs and they were all very different from my style of music I'm more of a Neo-Soul/R&B artist I felt like those songs were more pop.

They weren't me but I didn't wanna be rude so when he asked me my opinion I told him I liked the songs.

I texted Chris to get advice on what to do in this situation.

Me: I'm in a session with Eric B the songs he played aren't a good fit for me!! Help!!

He texts me back right away..

Chris: Honesty is always the best policy baby

I guess he's right if he didn't wanna work with me anymore I guess it's better than wasting time recording a song I don't like.

" What else do you have?" I asked.

" I do have something I've been working on last night but it isn't finished" he said.