Chapter 2: Heart Stopping

I was in the ambulance with my boyfriend and paramedics. Ashton started breathing again, but his heart kept stopping and then starting. Please don't let him die. Everything happening right now didn't even seem real. It all happened so fast. I'm scared for Ashton. I had already called his parents, his mother was frantic. They said they would meet me at the hospital as soon as they could. I called my parents also. They had been freaking out asking if I was hurt, when I was totally fine. Besides gettng a few stitches on my forearm from tripping on the rocks, I was fine. I'm hoping my boyfriend doesn't die.

I'm crying histerically, I can't help it. The doctors are all running around trying to get Ashton into a room, as of course, I'm following them when the doctor turns to me and says, "Mamn' you cannot come in this room, we're sorry." My eyes almost buldge out of my head. "What?! No, I HAVE to come in the-" I begin trying to persuade the doctor, but he immediatley cuts me off. "Mamn' you cannot come in here, please go wait in the waiting room, we'll let you know as soon as we know anything." and abruptly shuts the door on me. I run to the bathroom and lock myself in. He's going to die. Ashton's going to die.  That was all I could say over and over through my sobs. I was on a hospital bathroom floor, crying to myself.

**********3 HOURS LATER, 12:45 AM********************

"Lila Pennington?" A voice asks me, as I'm holding my mother and Ashton's mothers hands. "y-yes?" I ask the doctor who had a stone cold face. "Can you come with me?" The doctor asks me. I get up and follow him to Ashton's room in the Intensive Care Unit. I go into Ashton's room, and see his body on the bed. It doesn't even look like him. His face is pretty much grey, a ton of wires comming out of him from every which direction. "Ashton Marnson has three broken ribs, fractured ankle, broken wrist, sprained neck, and thrown out back. He's going to be in a lot of pain these next few days. He needs comfort and love. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call my nurses over and they'll buzz me in." I nod at him and he walks out of the room. 

I was sitting next to Asher's bedside.My mom & his had went home for the night. I told them I was staying and  I had fallen asleep and was just peacefully dozing out when all of a suden a loud, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP, came on his heart monitor. I was immediatly woken up. "Ashton? ASHTON? OH MY GOD, NURSE!" The nurses came running it, suddenly pushing me to the back of the room. "Dr. Tay we need you in here stat, Ashton Marnson's heart has stopped. Code blue ASAP" The blonde little nurse had said into a small speaker. I immediatley starting crying and covered my mouth with my hands. I had watched it all in slow motion. Another slo-mo for the night. Then it hit me a few moments later. Ashton's heart had stopped. again. Which meant, my boyfriend, my boyfriend I was madly in love with, died. and their is nothing I could do about it.