Chapter 4: The twist

***ONE WEEK LATER****

I decided to go shopping with Macy. We went to the mall in San Diego, which is right near where we live. We had been shopping for a couple of hours and decided to take a brake and have some Coldstone icecream. "How are you doing, Lila? You look tired." Macy looks at me with sadness in her eyes. "I'm fine." I reply back to her. I was looking around the mall when he caught my eye. What the fuck. I thought to myself. I stood up and started walking to this boy. Why does he look hell of a lot like Ashton? I was looking at him and then he looked up at me. "What's your name?" I ask this kid. "Lilaa!" He replies back to me. "W- what?" I don't understand what's happening right now, and that's when he says it. "You're Lila Pennington. Hahha, um, why are you acting like we don't know eachother? You're my girlfriend......." He says back to me.

"What the fuck kind of sick joke is this?!" I say back to him. I turn to walk away and slam into Macy. "Lila what are you doing? Oh, hey Ashton!" Macy says to both of us. "What the hell? Ashton..you..what...You DIED last week, what the fuck?" I say to him. "Um, Lila, are you okay? I don't know what you're talking about. You haven't been awnsering your phone and you're always sad." Ashton says to me. "Oh, well the doctor said this could happen. When I got hit by the train, and we were in the hospital, you passed out, and hit your head pretty hard. You've been knocked out for a couple of days, but the doc said it was okay to bring you home. So you've been at home, asleep, for a week. I didn't die, I'm right here baby." He says to me. "I..I THOUGHT YOU DIED! What the hell!" I'm so confused right now. He hugs me and holds my hand. "It'll be okay, lets all go back to your house and hang out for a little while." Ashton says. I'm so lost at this point. 

We're walking out of the mall when all of a sudden I feel a sharp, excruciating pain running from my mid back. "OH MY GOD." I fall to the ground and Ashton & Macy turn around. They look at me and then look at the blood all around me, and look up. To see the same drunken mess kid from the train tracks that night, with the same knife in his hand.