Chapter 7 Please Don't Let Forever End

It felt good to be back at Ashton's house. Sitting in the hammock, while the nice fall air blew in my hair and the leaves slowly rustled on the ground under us. It felt good to be in his warm, strong arms, but my heart sunk each day everytime I thought this will soon last. I love my boyfriend to death, I just wish there was something to do to stop this. Stop him from leaving me. Stop him from going into heaven, even though he so rightfully belongs there, I just wish the timing was different. "What're you think about, Lila?" Ashton's questioning voice came through my thoughts and brought me back to reality. "I just wish we could stay like this forever. I love you too much to let you go. Please don't go." I sounded like a child pleading to Ashton what I knew he couldn't stop, but what needed to be. He can't go, there has to be something we can do to prevent him from leaving this Earth. Something. Anything. 

Sitting in front of the priest, I felt like a total idiot, and even though he's like, almighty and stuff, he was the closest I knew to God, so Ashton and I went to the closest church we could find. We told the priest everything about our story, and thinking he would tell us we're crazy, he actually looked concerened and he might be able to help. I doubt it, but just maybe, I had to try something. Anything. "You two seem to have quite a predicament. The most I can tell you is I'll pray for you both, I'll pray for Ashton, that he can stay, but sometimes God needs people. And when He needs people up in Heaven, there's nothing people on Earth can do.. But I assure you I'll pray for you both. You may leave, I bless you, have a good day." the priest closed with a prayer then we were on our way out of the church.

"Babe, can we go for a walk?" Ashton asked me later that night after we had dinner together. "Yeah, I'd like that." I had on my cute little orange cardigan with a light blue tank under it and some skinny jeans and tan uggs. It was really chilly out for a fall night. Ashton was holding my hand and we were walking through his little neighborhood. "Why do you have a backpack on?" I asked him. "Just come here." Ashton replied. He walked me through a small patch of woods then it opened up into a huge field, filled with just grass.. Ashton layed out a big green blanket and put it on the soft grass then looked up at me. "I thought it'd be nice to just look at the stars and talk for awhile... Or you know.. Kiss awhile."

He had a small grin on his face and I immediately fell onto the blanket and pulled his face closer to mine and begun kissing him. He made me so happy, it felt like time stopped everytime I kissed him. It felt like tiny little fireworks were going off all around us in the dark. It felt as if, if I never had to stop kissing him, my life wouldn't be hurt in the least. His hands held on to mine, and my hands were through his hair. He pulled away and we just layed there, looking at the stars and thats when I saw it. Ashton had tears going down his cheeks. I sat up and looked at him. "What's wrong baby?" I asked him. "I just wish this didn't have to end. I wish I had more than a week left with you...I wish God would listen to me. I don't need to leave so soon. I had my life planned out. Me and you would go to college together, get married, and raise a family. together.. we'd be together forever. and now it's as if all that's been taken out of my hands, Lila. And it's not fair to you." Ashton explained, now sobbing. I held him in my arms, for what seemed like forever. If only it could be forever with him.