On the run

Jake Wellington-Jeremy Irvine

Adam Roberts- Harry Styles 

CHAPTER ELEVEN

RAMONA

"Hurry up, Rosie!" Adam urged her, tugging at her hand. For a millisecond of an instant Ramona contemplated whether or not to confess the truth of her white lie.

Of course not!

But I barely know him, for all I know he could be a junkie, or something worse. She reminded herself.

His left hand was fiercely clasped in her right, his fingers entwined like iron around hers.

The beating of her heart drummed hard against her chest, her feet almost not touching the ground due the rapid velocity with which they ran.

The exhilaration had her going, though she kept looking back, searching for her sisters' whereabouts.

I hope they're alright.

And now she came into the realization she'd forgotten to check her phone.

But Ramona hoped they were on the run as well, trying to escape the police at all costs.

A scream, a shout, and a loud thud made her look back.

A boy with a cap had fallen, a police dog was barking at him.

"Check  him out'!" A police officer said, striding forward, running after more drunk teenagers.

Ahead of them, a girl stepped on a rock and fell unceremoniously to the ground, injuring her ankle.

Adam and Ramona jumped above her with an uncanny grace, she almost wanted to clap at her gracefulness.

"Look, we made it to the local news!" Adam said excitedly, pointing his index finger heavenwards.

Wondering what was happening, she looked up just as a blinding light and a violent whirlwind messed with her hair.

A helicopter is broadcasting live!

I hope uncle Adrian isn't watching T.V.

"Fuck the police!" Adam, or rather, the mad boy she was escaping with-shouted, as he cackled in a crazy fit of laughter.

It certainly wasn't the proper behavior, maybe he did was a junkie.

But she found herself laughing with him.

"Run, forest, run!"

At this she laughed even louder, maybe the brownies were kicking in.

She did felt more lighthearted, surprisingly jaunty spirited.

The barren land where the brownstone building was located ended, and they went off down an alley.

They hid behind a massive, stinky trash container.

"Let's wait until the waters calm. Okay? I'm sure my brother will meet us here, his car is a few blocks away, I would take you there but he has the keys."

"Okay, but can we go somewhere less stinky?"

"Okay, but we can't go far from here. This is we're supposed to meet."

And they stalked off, small talking about nothing in particular.