Chapter Eighteen.

“You aren’t going to tell me what happened are you?” I looked at him; with little emotion I shook my head. All Lucas needed to know was that I was leaving town soon and needed a place to crash.

He sighed, a loud almost painful sigh. “Are you at least hungry?” I didn’t need to reply, as my stomach echoed an almost inhumane growl.

“I’ll take that as a yes, Sweet Cheeks.” I smiled, hugging him; he stood there shocked for a few seconds, before responding. With a light squeeze, earning him a chuckle in response.

“What was that for, not that I’m complaining.” I slapped his chest playfully, “For always being there for me.” I responded, on a more serious note.

“Always.”

*-*-*-*-

-*-*-*-*

*-*-*-*-

Justin

I opened the front door to my apartment. Expecting to hear Mia’s voice, singing along to one of the songs she is absolutely in love with. From some English boy band.  Instead there is an eerie silence, the smell of cooked food doesn’t make its way to my nostrils.

                                                                                              “Shit.” I pulled out the gun, tucked safely in the back of my waistband. Clicked the safety off and made my way through the whole house. Everything looked untouched, adding to the paranoia in the back of my head. The last room I had yet to search is our bedroom. As the light seeps to every nook and cranny.  My worry is turned to anger, Mia’s side of the closet is bare and her suitcase is missing.