13

Lucky promised himself that he won't relent

Lucky promised himself that he won't relent. So one day, he went to her room.

He knocked about three times with intervals, waiting for her answer. When he realized she was never going to answer, he said, "Coming in." He waited a few seconds, then walked in.

She was studying on her bed, sitting straight with her legs tucked beneath her. He was a little shocked that she was reading. It was hard to find students who read voluntarily. "You're even more serious than I am, can't remember when last I picked up a book," Lucky deadpanned, knowing fully well that she saw him with a book the day before that day.

She didn't budge or move, her gaze was still fixed on her book.

Lucky quietly sighed.

He didn't know what to say to make her laugh, so he said anything that came to his head." I hate bunnies!"

Funny enough, his silly sentence caught her attention. She gave him a weird look with a faint smirk. He shrugged. "Don't look at me like that. Ever since I watched 'The Secret Life of Pets', they scare me."

She didn't know what he meant, but the way he willingly embarrassed himself before her, made her want to laugh. But, she kept her faint smirk on.

"Ah ahn, stop looking at me like that nah. It's not that bad," he tried to defend himself, hopelessly failing and embarrassing himself even more.

Mary enjoyed the fact that her look made him very uncomfortable, not knowing when her smirk began to fade to a smile. His pouty face was so funny, she couldn't resist it. "Ah ha. I made you smile." Lucky said, ruining it all.

She quickly changed it back to a straight face.

Lucky sighed.