Story #2 - Slimes Have Feelings Too

A/N: Yes, expect me to do an a/n before every story. This one was my first short story for my creative writing class. It's about slime. Have a good read, thanks!

What the heck is this!? Alexa wondered as she stared into a giant glob of green goo. Next to her, her brother Rico was standing in confusion and disgust. The two siblings never knew one attic held such secrets. An attic that was never mentioned, discussed, or known of was simply sitting in their house their entire life. Inside of the attic-well, that was unexpected.

It was a Monday night and the two kids just happened to be bored. Sitting in the other room was their lazy babysitter. Their parents were out on a business trip. Simply out of pure boredom, Alexa and Rico thought it was a good idea to sneak into their parent's room. The two of them were only 8-years-old, meaning they haven't had any idea of the secrets of their parent's room. It was a normal room for the most part, except for one noticeable design that wasn't in any other room.

"Rico, come look at this!" Alexa noticed the faded pieces of wallpaper hanging from the ceiling. The paper was surrounding a noticeable square that looked very old but untouched. It was what appeared to be an attic.

"Ooh, what is that!? Do you think we can open it!?" Rico ran over to where Alexa was pointing and stared deeply into it.

"It might be dangerous, what if there's monsters or zombies in it? Who knows what secrets our parents have!? But... we should totally open it!"

Rico smiled at her and grabbed a chair from another room. He propped it up and immediately hopped onto it. The siblings were waiting in anticipation as he slowly but carefully raised his hand to touch the ceiling. Dust flew out as the square slowly moved up to reveal a dark room about the size of a bathroom. As the ceiling door was opened completely, the siblings backed up and waved the dust away. The two looked at each other, looked at the space, and nodded. Rico hopped off the chair as Alexa took his place. Staring across the room, she saw a few boxes but couldn't decipher the writing on them. It was extremely dark, but the sliver of light coming from the door helped her at least see the items inside.

"Hmm... hey Rico, grab me a flashlight," Alexa slowly wiped some dust off the door and looked around, "Make sure it works,"

"Alrighty!" Rico rushed out of the room to grab the flashlight. As Alexa watched him leave the room she heard something make a crashing noise on the floor. Startled, she quickly turned around to observe what just happened. There wasn't anything there. Alexa assumed it was just a box that fell over. She felt suspicious but ignored the noise and awaited Rico to return. Dashing across the hallway in excitement, Rico returned with a flashlight in hand. Smiling, he walked back into their parent's bedroom. He took his first step into the room and instantly heard an excruciating scream.

"W-what!? Alexa, what's wrong!?" Across the room, laying underneath the ceiling door was a frightened Alexa. Alexa was shivering as she stared at the inside of the attic. What the heck is that!? Was the only thing Alexa could think while she was to startled to move or talk. Rico rushed over in fear that something bad happened to his sister. Instead, Rico noticed what was in the dark room and instantly fell over with a scream.

Inside the attic was something the two siblings have never seen before. Laying at the front of the dark space was a bright green ball. This ball wasn't exactly a ball, it was uneven and looked more like slime. However, in the center of this ball was an eye that looked more like a bird's eye rather than a human's. Balls of slime with eyes is something you don't see every day, and that was the reason the two siblings were staring at it in disbelief. Slowly, the slime inched forward and stared at Alexa and Rico.

"H...e..l...l..o...." Suddenly the slime spoke in a croaky voice, it sounded as if a frog could speak English. The twins were even more startled by this and slowly backed up. No words could escape their mouths and their bodies refused to run away from this strange slimeball. The petite piece of slime looked at the two siblings with a worried look.

"H...e..l...l..o..o..o?" Slowly the slime repeated it's greeting but this time it spoke in a worried tone. Alexa and Rico started shaking a little less, but they were still in complete fear and confusion. Alexa started to move a little and attempted to reach for the chair, but her body froze as fear struck when the slime spoke again.

"W..what's... wrong...? Am... I... s-scaring..you?" The slime looked worried and slowly moved forward. As the slime moved forward, the siblings attempted to move forward. Fear took over as they couldn't move at all, Alexa and Rico didn't expect anything like this coming from an attic. Quick thoughts filled their minds. Is this an alien? Is it dangerous? Shivering from head to toe, Alexa and Rico observed the slime and started moving up. Despite their bodies being frozen, the two knew they had to run away from this slime, no matter what it was. After realizing that, Alexa and Rico finally stood up. As they grabbed each other's hands, they ran out of the room as fast as possible. After they were about four feet out of the room, there were faint croaks coming from the attic. Still unable to talk, the siblings acted on complete impulse and searched for the nearest phone. Sprinting downstairs, they found their parents phone and started pressing the numbers.

Alexa had already typed in 9 and 1, but before she completed the last 1 Rico tugged on her shirt and pointed. Carefully turning around, Alexa looked across from them and felt a burst of terror hit her. Both Rico and Alexa were trembling as the saw the slime plopped on the floor. It still held a worried look and tried to croak out a few words. All the siblings could here were mumbles as Alexa dropped the phone. Quickly turning away, the two siblings ran around the corner with all their might.

"W..a..it... i-it's...o..kay...." The slime's eyes shook as it tried sliding over to the siblings. Alexa and Rico stopped in their tracks as they heard the slimes quakey voice. Turning around, they stared directly at it, still shaking.

"P..lease... t-talk...to..me..." With a still worried look, the slime stared at the siblings with sadness. Once again, the siblings couldn't move. Slithering towards them, the slime got closer and closer until it stood only a foot away from the siblings. The siblings slowly backed up, but out of fear they couldn't move far. Staring at each other as if it was a staring contest, the siblings and slime shared glances of fear and worry.

"D-don't...worry... I-i'm safe..." Once again, the slime spoke, but this time it was slightly less croaky. It stared at the siblings like it's one eye was smiling. This brought a warm feeling inside the siblings, but they were still too terrified to move. Finally, Alexa found some nerve to at least move her mouth.

"W-what a-re you...?" Her completely shaking, Alexa stared at the slime and starting relaxing by the sight of the slime's sincere look.

"M-Me? I..I'm a... slime I think... I-I want to be your friend..." The slime looked confused as if it was unsure of what it was.

Rico gathered some courage after seeing Alexa, "W-what's.... your name..?"

"I... don't...know... I just...want...a friend I've been so lonely! M-maybe... they could... name..me?" The slime had an optimistic look across its face. However, it still looked confused and worried, wondering why the siblings were scared. At this point, the siblings were a lot calmer than before.

"W...will you be my friend?" Staring at the siblings, the slime held an excited expression at the thought of having friends. The two siblings stared back at it and began to calm down.

"Okay!" The eight-year-olds trembled, but just like any other careless child would do, the two became friends with a slime.