Story #4 - Bloody Fish

A/N: Hiya! I'm back with another short story, this one is also from my writing class. It's pretty dark though, I mean just look at the name. Either way, I hope you enjoy reading it! Thanks!

Salty air filled my nostrils as I stared into the distance in pure joy. Water streamed as I buried my hands through the sand. Bright, colorful shapes laid across the front of the water as I saw little fish swimming through them. Life was great right now. Warmth hit me as I slowly moved out of the shade and grabbed the hand of the person next to me. Wilfred smiled at me as I beamed with happiness. We stood up and saw some birds fly above the sparkling, clear water.

"I can't believe we're here!" I jumped a little as my heart filled with bliss. A large smile spread across my face as we walked toward the blue water filled with colorful shapes.

"Haha, we've been here for a while, Shima. It is beautiful though." Wilfred explained. The bright sun shimmered on the water as I nodded my head.

"It sure is! I want to stay here forever! What about you, Wilfred?"
"Of course! As long as it's with you." Hearing that while staring at the most beautiful land I'll ever see made my heart flutter. I hope this life stays this way. I smiled at Wilfred as we walked closer to the water. Grabbing his hand, we softly touched the cold yet dazzling water. Little fish swam below us as we saw the beautiful corals sway as if they were dancing. Some scuba divers were further away from us, also observing the beauty of the reefs. We turned around, sat close to each other, plopped our feet in the water. These next few years were going to be the best years of my life.

Wilfred and I were dating, we were happy too, and what made it even better was that we were currently living in Queensland, Australia. Ever since I was in America, I was excessively intrigued by marine life. Which is why I'm here, at the amazing Great Barrier Reef!

"Shima, would you like to scuba dive one day?" I stared at him with a smile. Of course, I did, it was my dream.

"Wilfred. You know me better, of course, I do! I want to as soon as we get enough money, but right now all we can do is observe this beautiful reef!" Observing the vast land of corals, I swished my hand in the water dreaming of what's it's like to swim in it. I couldn't wait to scuba dive.

"Well, what if I told you I bought you a scuba diving suit?" Wilfred asked quietly with a hint of excitement in his voice. I heard his words and my heart jumped.

"W-what...? Really!? Ohmygod! Really?" Quickly sputtering my words, I was filled with excitement. Wilfred grabbed my hands and smiled.

"Yes! We can go tomorrow! You can finally achieve your dream, scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef!"

"Oh my god! Wilfred! Thank you so much, I love you!" I couldn't believe it, I was finally going scuba diving tomorrow.

"I love you too! I can't wait!" Wilfred also held a big smile on his face, and we exchanged happy glances. My heart fluttered while I stared across at the large body of water. It was truly a beautiful land, and I was truly lucky.

"What time do-" I saw Wilfred jump a little when he was interrupted by the sound of a phone. Echoing through his pocket, the loud phone buzzed and rang. He quickly pulled it out and smiled when he looked at it.

"It's my brother!" Wilfred looked at his phone in excitement, since he hadn't been able to talk to his brother for a while.

"Oh, that's good! You can tell him the amazing news!" I grinned at the good news then stared back to the water as Wilfred answered the phone.

"Hey bro!" Wilfred happily answered the phone as I turned away. I spaced out, after all, there was a lot to think about. Our future, our new lives in Australia, and achieving my dreams. Thinking about these, all that came out was good. My smile widened as I turned to Wilfred. I stared at him and my smile suddenly went away. Sitting on the sand, with phone close to his head, Wilfred's eyes looked shocked and he quickly made a terrified face. My heart began racing as the terror of his face spread to mine. Wilfred said a shaky bye as he lowered the phone and hung up. I looked at him with a saddened yet curious face.