Chapter 2: Life in the Human World

Chihiro got ready for school. She couldn't stop thinking about Haku, and her friends in the spirit world. She prayed deeply "Please be a better day" and set off to school.

She arrived at school. When she arrived at her class, she saw some boys looking around for her as if they were waiting for her. One of the boys, Hitashi went up to her, gave her a red rose 🌹 and asked if she wanted to go out and have dinner with him. Chihiro smiles as she put her bag down then walked away. ( Did I mention that Chihiro grew into a beautiful young lady? And did I mention that she's already 16? ) Yes, it has been 6 yrs since she left the spirit world , since she saw him.

She sighed deeply as she walked back to her seat, and saw a curious lady in front of her seat. It's her friend, Yoyo.

"So, Hitashi asked you on a date again?" Yoyo snickered. Chihiro glared at her friend then gave her a big whack on her head. "Why don't you go out with him, I mean, he's like the most handsome guy in our school Chihiro..." Yoyo's voice trailed off as Chihiro mumbled. "I have someone else better than him...". Yoyo sighed, "It's him again, am I right?" Chihiro nodded. She was glad to have a friend like Yoyo, who was probably the only person that believes her story and the river spirit, Haku. "I believe one day he'll surely find you, I mean, he did made his promise to you." Chihiro smiled at her, which made her nerves better.

School is over. Chihiro and Yoyo made their way to the school gate then parted their ways. Chihiro was heading home when a idea in her mind lit up "I think I'll go to the Kohaku river, after all, it's not really filled up" . Then, she ran towards the direction to the Kohaku river.

Moments later, she arrived. She was glad that there were still some small streams left from the Kohaku river. She kneeled down beside the stream gazed into the stream and whispered "Hi, Haku. It's been years since we parted away, I really miss you. What about you?" Not like the rest of her visits, instead of getting a silent reply, she heard someone whispering, as if the voice was in her head. "Hi Chihiro, I miss you too" Chihiro leaped to her feet, then stared at the stream "Haku? Was that you?" Instead of the voice's reply, all she got was that silent answer, like always. "Maybe that voice was just me, or maybe that I'm just hearing things" she muttered. "Bye Haku, I'll visit you tomorrow" as she gave the small stream a weak smile then left.

It was a Saturday, so Chihiro didn't have to go to school. She woke up later than usual and was thinking about what happened yesterday. She stopped thinking then went to dress-up. Moments later, she got on her bike and cycled to the stream. As she got there, she actually felt Haku's presence, as if Haku was waiting for her. "Hi Chihiro, how are you?" Chihiro was shocked. She looked around again and again to see whether if this was just a prank or was it really Haku. "Don't worry, it's just me, no one's pulling a prank on you silly" and with that Chihiro sighed in relief. She didn't want her hopes being crashed as she had longed to see Haku, but for now she's just hearing Haku, eventually. "Haku, how are you? I've longed to see you, well in person but where are you? You promised me that we will meet again, but...." Chihiro started crying. "Chihiro... I promise, one day we will sure meet each other, but not for now, I guess."  "But Haku... I want to meet you now, life here isn't completed without... without..... uhh..." Chihiro started blushing. "What? Without what???" ( I need to mention that Haku can be quite clueless at times ) "It's... uhh...." Chihiro started stammering. " I've got to go, see ya I guess" Chihiro got on her bike and left, leaving a clueless Haku behind.

She got home. She was merely exhausted. "It's no big deal Chihiro, Haku's just a small stream now, it won't budge" Chihiro stopped self-convincing. What if Haku will be just that stream, forever? What is she going to do, I mean, she likes Haku a lot. Probably love him. She can't be single for the rest of her life.

She called Yoyo. "Hey Chihiro!!! What's the problem again? Is it about your spirit guy again?" Chihiro was relieved to have a friend like Yoyo. She told everything that happened while she was at the stream. "Well that's interesting, how are you guys able to communicate though? Can spirits actually go inside your brain and do the peep talk??". Chihiro laughed at her friend. She naturally calmed down. "Well it's getting late girl, see ya at school!!" and Yoyo hanged her phone up. She didn't realised that her friend, was deciding something important.

At school, Chihiro waited nervously for Yoyo to come. Yoyo came in, went to her seat and plopped her seat in front of Chihiro's table. "So, what did you wanted to share with me Chihiro?" Chihiro went nervous, looked into Yoyo's eyes with guilt as if she wanted to tell her something really, really bad. "Chihiro, you don't look so good..." Yoyo was worried about her friend. "Yoyo.... I....I....." Chihiro was really nervous and afraid that her decision might hurt Yoyo. "Hey, whatever you do, I'll always stand at your side, okay?" that gave Chihiro enough trust and confidence.

She started her sentence: "Yoyo..."

"I feel that I want to go back..."

Yoyo was surprised. "Chihiro, did you mean by..."

"Yes, I want to go back there."