Chapter 10 SURPRISE!!

I think I've kept you guys waiting long enough for this chapter. I just hope it's not too short for you. I also hope that this was worth the wait; please enjoy the chapter!

-------------------------------------------------------------

"So what do you say, demon? Do you accept my challenge?" The atmosphere around us is so still that a pen could drop and all could here. The time couldn't be more perfect to partake in a guitar duel.

"I guess it can't be helped." was his answer in a sigh, "If you insist than I guess we shall duel. But are you sure you want to go through with this?" He had his headset, and I had my mic. The rest of the band had left and it was only us. Finally, revenge shall be mine... I'll finally get to see him crushed in defeat!

"Why? Is the demon afraid he'll get his little ass kicked by someone like me?" Adrenaline now pumped through my veins once again, and I could feel the victory within my grasp.

"Never mess with the demon," he said, "unless you're willing to pay." When he said that the crowd bursted into an uproar. I only scoffed at his foolishness.

"Really? You're so uncreative that you copy your own lyrics... Wow, I'm kinda disappointed in you." I could tell by the way his eyes glared towards me that I had struck I nerve with him.

"That's it." He growled, "I'm going to teach you a lesson that you will never regret!"

"Bring it on old man!" I struck the strings on my beautiful Aquarius, and I could already tell that I won.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Dammit...Dammit...DAMMIT!" With every repeated word of profanity I struck the mahogany table below me, "How could I have lost to someone like him..." It was an unfair battle, it was obvious that I was the victor when we first started. "But why... I don't understand... How could my Aquarius fail on me like that! Right when I needed her most..." Alas, towards the end of our battle my child broke her string and that quick action ended our battle. I was shocked, mortified, angered, humiliated all at once. I am one who doesn't care for accepting defeat. You should have seen the look his eyes, that smirk he had on his face. I wanted to kill him, I wanted him dead! Right there on that stage. But noo, he had to leave right after he laughed towards me, but for now he is out of my sight; I just hope that I'm out of his.

"Um... Excuse me.." I turn my head towards the person and I'm glad that it is not him. No, this boy is young, probably 18 or so. Thin, paled skin, dark haired, and naturally I lick my lips towards his over all appeal.

"Can I help you?" My voice had now gone into a purr, and my eyes lowered when I invited him to sit beside me.

"You shouldn't have lost tonight..." He wasn't looking towards me, he was only sitting a few inches from me, his head was towards the ground and his face flushed with embarrassment.

"Yeah...if only my guitar string didn't break." I told him casually.

"Y-yeah.." His brown eyes were hidden by this point and his face only got more red.

"You do know.." I told him while lifting his chin with the palm of my hand, "That I'm not on the floor; right?" With the swipe of my thumb I brushed his heated face ever so gently, "I'm right here...look at me." Like a good boy he did what he was told. "Here I am!" I chimed with a smile.

"H-hello...P-P-P-Phantom.."

"Heh...you're too cute for words!" I exclaimed, "Ya got yourself a name, stud?"

"J-Jared.."

"Ooh I like that name." I purred, "I like that name very much. Jared." I purred his name repeatedly as seductive as the first.