faded rose quartz

faded rose quartz

october23twenty18

on the wake of a collision, I came to Earth and resided with the mineral. emotion's barren here, plastered over rocks that lost their color ages ago.

urges for waterfalls and hidden coves fade away with a glance, twinges are becoming of the rock. I feel a hardening as water turns to sealant for the cracks that shattered me.

and with age comes wisdom, but mostly not. often it feels more like as one grows older, they are simply victim to more life's tricks and nature's unwavering wit. I settle with a riff that changed someone else's life; it's all I need nowadays.

my mineral remembers the scars you inflicted upon my surface and down into my molten core - I'm chipped and imperfect and never again will I feel the same.

but the true fallacy is that the mineral heart never beats. what's more, every beat crumbles its structure.

the sun warms me, the breeze cools me, and fire will melt me into liquid dishealing. yearning to take back the security that I knew would cripple me, but how? everything is so impossible when settling into the Earth.

I can feel the energy passing through me in waves, all to others, never receiving. a middleman in a trade of day-to-day emotional baggage.

we've all stepped on so many rocks and never thought about the dust that chipped off their sides. I crumbled down heavenfold and rain made all muddy.

but with a hardening comes a never-certain numbness that minerals can find solace in. at least, for a little while.