the lunatic's blush

the lunatic's blush

december13twenty18

set up on a pedestal, the breeze carried a foreign tone that slicked my insides with pink crush sludge. centrifugal words bounce and I watch as they bloom into pretty weeds. you're stuck in the middle of my short term hopes and dreams. 

my heart beats the same, though the sun just burns me. forgive me, blue sky. I just hope that you've found peace. hot blush creeping up my spine lines a disaster, those muddled eyes that I'd love to swim through, the faces I'd love to get to know. 

sing with me, I'll show you my favorite songs. campfire in my heart, you're invited; mind the pending renovations. we aren't demolishing anything, we're just remodeling the love that was cried to rot. not that I'm in love with you. touch's confusing, brushing away stray smiles. 

and it can't go right, I'm aware. they've told me, they've warned me, I've warned myself. the rush of the plunge, I feel like I have less experience than overwhelming pain. so play me burning, set me on fire. baby, you're toxic, and now I'm longing after nightshade. 

and yet, sunset with me, let's redefine. like to see your crevices, to feel your depth, in love with the thrill and the absolute danger. feeling like we'd make a two part song, a thundering beginning simmering down to a soft close; it'd be beautiful, I'd lose my head. 

it's been roomy in the unknown, foggy and dark on some days. amantes sunt amentes, and becoming one of them is too terribly easy. lover of nature trapped inside messy boys, lover of daisy weeds breaking out of hearts, lover of the storm lurking beneath your skin. 

lover of destruction with a hope to settle in a cozy aftermath.