amber axe

[originally posted on poetry amino]
prompt - one word: ethereal

amber axe

april21twenty19

and through speckled skies and oceans' lies, I saw a pair of golden eyes that burned cinders back aflame. that fabled grin, the heavens tripped over their feet to catch a glance. smells like fall's come early and the leaves rustle hearts to warmth. blush, look away - you don't know if gold can be tarnished, but knowing mirror's heartless manner... caution advised.

that love of mine warred upon the earth ten times over and again - still I find that hollow beat still moves my feet to destruction. wage that war on eyes of gold, because they're much too perfect to twist a cracking neck around again.

battles brought blood; fine dust set to blind. throwing those coins into rivers won't make the bruises go away any faster, and the gold seeps through bone. bandage up, put those bandaids over your eyes so that you cannot see how beautiful he is. how it aches.

but meanwhile, through the smoke hills, and the heart filled up with ten leagues, innocence gathered sweetly, settling flowers on the graves. truer than fear, loved a great many before setting worlds ablaze.

but a great many more visions of golden eyes cause hearts to batter dream and daze, to put an end to all our days, of tears trapped in his handgrenades -

honey douse them in rays.