CHAPTER TWO

As they climbed the stairs up to her apartment, she couldn't help to feel uneasy, she didn't know why she had gotten into this situation. Well, technically, she knew: she had been in the bar, she'd walked up to her, there had been gunshots, they ran for their lives. Well what she meant was that, she didn't know what force of the universe led her to this situation.

She felt anxious. She was about to go into an apartment with a girl that she only knew for a couple of hours ago. Someone she didn't really know that well, except for the fact that she was hella sexy and that she has this convincing charm within her, that she was persuasive enough to have talked her into coming here, she realized that now. She could have said no and walked back to the bar or, if what she said was true and that she would not be able to get her car for the next few hours, she could have gone to some 24 hours restaurant and wait since she knew that there are a lot of those in the neighborhood, catering those people who would be too drunk to drive home and needed some place to sober up in.

She was already thinking of some ways on how to escape the situation when the girl stopped in front of a door marked with a silver plaque bearing the numbers 023. She had been so lost with her thoughts that she hadn't realized that they'd already climbed five floors. She watched as the girl fumbled in her purse for her house keys, no doubt. As she pulled them out of her purse they slipped from her fingers and fell with a soft clink on the carpeted floor. The girl bent down to pick them up and she was standing so close behind her that she felt her backside brush against her front, she took a sharp intake of breath, trying to clear away the feeling she felt within her whole body, and also the image of the girl bending body in front of her. The girl was sexier and curvier that she'd realized back when she was staring at her at the bar. She swore she heard small giggles as the girl straighten up and successful fit the key onto the lock.

The door swung open in front of them and she stepped inside, turning the lights as she went in. she followed her, even though she's doubting herself, and found herself standing in a small, simply decorated living room. The walls were painted beige. Across the room, two windows flanked a television set on top of a table. A DVD player was place on top of the TV. Beside the table where the TV was set, on the floor, were stacks of CD's, DVD's and some magazines. In front of the TV was a coffee table littered with papers, books, a laptop, a gray remote control and a bouquet of pink Lilies that she really love. Between where she was standing and where the coffee table was, a couch long enough to hold 4 or 5 people was placed, it's throw pillows wrapped in a black sheets, and was arranged neatly by rows.

" Geez, I smell like cigarettes. This is what I hate the most about going to the club" the girls rant broke her silent observation of the girls apartment. She turned to see her shaking her hair as if she could shake off the smell she was complaining about.

" Uhm..." she didn't really know what to say. She chuckled

" So you're back to your 'uh" phase once again. Nice. Well, don't just stand there, while the door was wide open. Or were you planning to let burglars in at some point tonight?" the girl asked, hands on her hips as she stood to her left she could see a small kitchen behind her and a closed door.

" Oh shit!, I'm sorry" she said. And then she closed the door behind her but remained where she was. She shook her head.

"I'm not gonna bite you, Silly" the girl mumbled, rolling her eyes. The girl clutched the back of the couch and bent down to remove her shoes. She pocketed her hands.

"I'm just.. honestly, I'm not really comfortable being here" she said truthfully

"It's because I.. I don't even know you" the girl straightened up herself, holding her shoes in her hands and a crooked smile was visible on her red lips.