Life and Death

I am Aaron Hughes. That's all anyone needs to know about me. I'm nobody to you but I'm someone to my family or whatever is left of my family. I come from a wealthy background and went to a well educated school. I loved sports, movies, video games, cars, my family and girls. I had a girlfriend, she was beautiful, but I prefer not to say her name because of big reasons. My parents and six year old sister died in a car accident when I was sixteen. I wasn't there, I was home studying waiting for them to come home from a musical they watched in Cardiff. I had created dinner for them. Chips for my sister and steak with peas for my parents and I.

It came to one in the morning until I called my dads mobile and nobody answered, I rang again and a man was on the phone. He had a strong Scottish voice much like David Tennant (Doctor Who) and asked me who I was. I stated my name, age and said that this was my fathers mobile number that I had called. The Scottish man said that my family were involved in a car accident. A JCB Digger rammed into their car and the scoop of the digger went through the front wind screen and plunged into my family instantly taking their lives.

The Scottish man said that in the boot of the car was a present wrapped in purple wrapping paper, purple is my favourite colour, for Aaron. I said he could open it and inside was a note and Need for Speed the movie. The note said "Dear Aaron, if you are reading this or someone is reading this to you I have been killed. A three million hit was placed on me and your mother and we have gone. I hope you enjoy this present as we know you love the game. You will have to look after yourself now, be big, brave and bold to whatever you achieve in life. Love Oliver Hughes"

The Scottish man delivered the gift to what is my house now two days after my family's funeral. The last time I cried was when David Tennant gave an emotional speech in his final episode of Doctor Who but at the funeral I just stared as the coffins were gently lowered in the grave. I was broken inside, no emotion in my face but inside of me was a mess.

I watched my film and still is the best film I've ever seen, 9 out of 10. I was the last Hughes left in my family with no help or support but I had the note. My friends gave their apologies for my lose over Facebook and one girl gave me flowers. That girl was my girlfriend, at the time, and she adored me. I adored her and loved her more than I could ever prove but I was very upset at the time and wouldn't leave the house.