time

KNJ & LJ

☾☽

the destined strangers arrive at the same bus stop again.

they never expect to see each other but when they do, their reactions are different from each other's. Namjoon smiles and surprises Jia by standing closely by her side. however, Jia flinches when she hears his voice and presence.

i wanted to study, achieve so much but-

why are you always at the zoo? who even has the money to come everyday? Jia thinks to herself as she fiddles with her daily cigarette.

why are you so beautiful? why do you smoke? why are you distressed? Namjoon thinks to himself silently.

"you know smoking kills right?"

the past will never leave.

Jia looks straight ahead, not wanting her copper matching eyes to meet his. she's afraid he's going to become something more than a stranger. even the idea of a friend scares her. "yes."

but Namjoon doesn't give up. he's determined to get to know her and be her friend. "give me this." he takes the cigarette from her fingers and repeats his actions from their first encounter.

when he walks back to her, he says something similar with a knowing smirk. "i was expecting you to scream at me."

"nope." Jia laughs, crossing her arms.

even her laugh is beautiful, Namjoon smiles and looks away.

be obedient to him.

Jia speaks her thoughts out loud without realising. "i missed the bus so i have to wait for half an hour." she sighs.

"i can drive you home?"

if you have a car, why are you waiting for the bus? what are you doing?

Jia doesn't want to offend the stranger but- "sorry but i don't even know you."

"i know." Namjoon moves his weight from one foot to the other. "but i'd like for us to be friends." he says.

and Jia can sense his sincerity, anxiousness and curiosity. "why?" she asks. why on earth would you want to be friends with me? what exactly are you planning?

"because i think you're beautiful."

and Jia is taken aback. she doesn't want to believe his unusual words and she tries to hide her smile, the blush crawling onto her cheeks. she wants to say no i'm not but thank you but the only thing she can think of is how he's the only person who's ever thought she was beautiful.

"there is no purpose of education!"

so she says yes and Namjoon drives her home.

Jia feels two things when sitting in the passenger seat of the young mans car. tension, not because of him but because of her husband, which is why she leans forward to see outside, making sure he's nowhere in sight or able to look from their house window. secondly, relaxation. she was expecting herself to feel fear with a male stranger but it surprises her that she feels okay with this.

it hurt and angered me to see her again.

Jia leaves the car in a rush, mumbling a thanks, hoping Namjoon would drive away quickly so her husband wouldn't see her coming home with a man but Namjoon is left with a bewildered smile but a confident ache in his heart.