destiny

KNJ & LJ

☾☽

the destined friends sit together and watch the moon.

i used to look up at the sky and wish for another life.

who would've thought i'd have someone to appreciate the small things with?  their thoughts are similar. their feelings may hold similarities such as intense adoration, but one feels unwanted sorrow and the other feels a crave for more.

the moonlight shines down on Jia and Namjoon as they sit on the rooftop, in a comfortable silence. no words need to be spoken, the silence itself shows how their existence together is something empowering.

because despite the loss of words, the scenery of the night sky without the stars but just the moon is enough for their connection.

"trauma fades away." they never understood and never tried to.

the two of them yawn at the same time and Namjoon speaks.

"when is your birthday?"

he has the tendency to say what's on his mind and Jia has become used to it. she's used to his qualities, they make him who he is and she likes it.

images so fresh yet so distant still replay in my mind.

"July 20."

Namjoon chuckles, leaning back on his palms as he starts to stare at Jia instead of the moon that would normally take his breath away.

but this time it was her and the way her hair moved with the wind, her sophisticated fashion style and her shoes that seem too loose for her.

and the tired, destined friends sit together with one thought running through their shattered minds, where has he/she been my entire life?

Namjoon could not help but kiss Jia's cheek when they said goodbye. she had never been kissed before.