Chp 4: Reminiscent

The sound of my alarm goes off, singling that it's time to start another day. The sun isn't shining through my window this day though, instead it is hiding behind a small patch of clouds, floating ever so effortlessly through the skies. Before I even get out of bed, I roll over and pick up my phone to send a good Moring text to my love. It reads:

     "Good morning handsome! I can't wait to see you today. Every day is just so perfect when I know I get to spend even a moment with you. I'll see you at school dear, I love you!"

     He replies.

     "Goodmorning. Thank you for such a sweet text to wake up too. I'll see you at school!"

       Hmm. I can't help but notice how he's been acting strange lately. He has his days when he's just in his feelings but I don't know, I just feel like something is missing. Maybe I can ask him about it today. I shake the thoughts from my head and go on about my normal, monotonous daily routine. Bathroom, change, brush teeth. I don't feel as extravagant as I did yesterday, but I'm still feeling pretty confident in myself. I try to keep an optimistic outlook every day. No reason in being down all the time right?

       As I complete my morning routine, I walk down the stairs expecting to be greeted by the smell of food, the sound of the television, or my dad's incessant yelling; but instead, I'm greeted with nothing. Nothing but silence. The living room is empty, my father is nowhere to be found, and the keys to his car that normally rest on the end table aren't there. Strange for him to leave so early, and not even say a word. But I didn't worry about it, he would come back, he has to it's his home.

     After grabbing my backpack and taking my handful of vitamins, I head outside. I'm greeted with a slightly different scene than yesterdays. The sky is partially cloudy, with the sun peeking out every now and again. The neighbors are still going for their daily walk, but the kids aren't playing today. The wind seems to have picked up quite a bit as well, it's much cooler today than yesterday.

       Walking over to my car, I get in and put the heat on. You know how I feel about driving, boring. So.

***********************************

       A familiar sight as I enter the school grounds, kids and teens crowded together and walking to a destination. Within a few moments of being amongst the chaos, I spot Jesse and run over to him, giving him a hug that nearly tackles him to the ground. He acts as if he's surprised, and he appears to be in a hurry.

     "Hello gorgeous how are you today?" I ask him with such enthusiasm.

     "Oh, I'm fine Sam. You just caught me off guard is all. I wasn't expecting a tackle." He says In a nervous voice.

     "You should expect everything with me, haha. You seem like you're in a hurry. Is everything okay?"

     "Yea, sorry, I kind of am actually. I have to go meet with a teacher about getting into one of the nearby colleges after graduation."

     I keep noticing Jesse glancing around almost frantically, eyes widened as if he's in some sort of trouble.

     "Hey, have you been okay lately? You've been acting differently. I didn't want to bring it up, but it's worrying me. You know you can come to me with anything, I'll always listen." I tell him in a worried voice.

     "I know, just, things have been bothering me lately. Family things. It's nothing you need to concern yourself with I promise." He says quite frantically.

     "Weeeeell, I am your girlfriend, which means I have to concern myself with those things. Is there anything I can do to help you feel better?"