Chp 5.2 :All Your Fault

Tonight, the demon appears.

The darkness disappears and the door behind me slams shut. I am in a room that is almost entirely empty aside from the window directly across from me, a mirror to my left, and two other objects, a stool and a noose hanging from the ceiling. The woman is standing in front of the mirror and looking into it. I can only assume she is thinking of the worst. She is still sobbing and without saying a word, she walks over to the stool and takes a deep breath.

     "They'll all love me when I'm dead." She says and then steps up onto the stool, fastening the noose around her neck.

     Before I can even react, she steps forward and the stool tips over, her body violently jerks and then comes to rest, she does not put any effort into saving herself. Her limp body hangs there, swinging slightly back and forth with her head jarred to one side. Slowly. her body turns around.

     As her body turns to me, her face is no longer distorted... Mother? Tears start to roll down my eyes and I rush over to her, but as I try to touch her, my hands only phase through. I'm staring at her closed eyes, praying that they open so I can see those beautiful blue eyes once more.     

     I try to reach for her hand, and then suddenly a sharp pain radiates through my head and I fall to one knee.; both of my hands grasping the side of my head in an effort to block out the loud sharp pitched screaming that has begun. My ears feel like they are starting to bleed and just as I feel as if my head may be about to burst, the screams stop... and all I hear is a woman whisper.

     "All your fault."

     I glance up to see my mother's eyes open, but they are not the beautiful pools of blue I know. They are black voids, devoid of all life, and she has a sinister grin running across her face. She begins to laugh hysterically and then straightens her head.

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Soon she will be dead

Sam, I'm coming for you

     Says my mother as the noose breaks from the roof and she collapses to the floor. I turn and begin to run back out into the hallway, that walls are littered with scratches and claw marks, but a single phrase is carved over and over into the walls. "All your fault."

     As I run I turn the corner and down the stairs as quickly as I can, not even checking to see if she's behind me. I slam through the front door and back out into the cold winter evening, making a break for the forest from where I came. Passing the treeline, I keep running, but the fog from before closes in on me. I try to fight it, but it fills my lungs, making it almost impossible to breathe. I start to cough violently and fall to my hands and knees, grabbing at my throat as if to free myself from the hands that I feel are clasping around my windpipe.

     My vision starts to become darker and darker, but then I notice the circle of light only a few feet ahead of me. I crawl to it, my vision fading fast, the grasp around my neck tighter and tighter, and just as I make it the light, she walks out of it and grabs me by the hand.

     "All...your...fault." She says as she pulls me in.