Secrets

Gerard Plantation
Elizabeth's POV

I stood in front of my sister in law and her pregnant wolf friend and stared at them for what seemed like ages as I fully took in the story they told me. "So let me get this straight. While in Mystic Falls, you and Niklaus had a drunken one night stand and somehow it made a loophole and you are now pregnant with his child. Am I correct so far?" I speak to the wolf girl looking down at her hands nervously. She nods once confirming what I said, allowing me to continue. "Then, when you came to New Orleans to find your roots, the lovely witches of this town decided to kidnap you and use you as bait to lure Niklaus back here to help overthrow my son?" She nods again. I look to my dear, dear sister. "Both of your brothers came here to investigate and have been helping these witches for the wolf's sake, hoping to reclaim New Orleans?"

"Only Nik wants New Orleans back, Elijah is more determined of Klaus's redemption by the birth of this child."

"I see."

"Lizzie, I-"

"Shhh! Niklaus is coming, and he is not happy. I'll be in the shadows."

With that I disappeared as Niklaus barged in angrily. "REBEKAH!"

~A few moments later~

I watch silently as Niklaus throws a final body onto a small pile in the front courtyard while he berates Rebekah and Hayley for their behavior. "This is why I told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the Quarter. I had a plan, and your little nighttime stroll put it all in peril!" Rebekah had started walking toward the pile of bodies as one of them was still alive but at Nikki's last command, she stops. "Leave him! You've done enough, don't you think? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to my door?"

"If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed. And don't give me that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing! Elijah made a deal to protect your child, so that it could save you from your selfish, rotten self. But you obviously don't give a damn about the child or Elijah, because what have you done to honor it?"

"I have done everything. Let me spell it out for you, shall I? From the day I arrived, Marcel and Lizzie haven't trusted me. From Day One, they had their vampires ingest toxic vervain which, as you know, little sister, protects them from my mind control. I needed a spy, someone on the inside with me who they would never suspect. So, I created a Day Zero and got there first. Marcel had just lost six vampires, thanks to your little murder spree, and he needed new recruits. So, I made the new one mine, before he'd had even a drop of vervain."

Ah, so he created Josh. I should have known. I smile and shake my head at my blindness.

"But we all know the real way to a man is through his heart, so I had the bartender girl that he has had his eyes on..." Camille. "To give him a chance." Niklaus grabs the vampire that's still alive from the pile. "And this one - I'm gonna drain him of vervain, compel him to believe his mates found religion and moved to Utah, so that he can explain to Marcel why he lost three more vampires tonight. "He drags the vampire into the house with Rebekah and Hayley in tow. I follow them inside. "Does anyone have any more questions? No? Good, because I have a question. Hayley, what were you doing in the bloody French Quarter in the first place?"

When she didn't answer, he got closer, towering over her. "Answer me!"

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "Leave her be."