Dagger Of Love

Gerard Plantation
3rd POV

Hayley pulls a sheet off of a crib, coughing because of the dust. Elijah walks in, looking at her in concern. "Are you alright?"

"Just dust. This place is ancient."

"Yes, it should serve our purposes. It's a sanctuary from our business in the Quarter. Right now, you are the most important person in this family. You need a good home. So I'm curious... in all this time, has anyone asked you how you feel?"

Hayley scoffs softly. "About having a miracle baby with a psychotic one-night-stand?"

"About being a mother."

Hayley goes silent for a moment in shock at the statement. "I - I was abandoned when I was born and my adoptive parents kicked me out the second that I turned into a wolf. So... I don't really know how I feel about being a mother because I... I never really had a good one."

Elijah moves closer with compassion and determination in his eyes. "I will always protect you. You have my word on that."

Suddenly, Klaus appears, leaning on the door ledge. "And noble Elijah always keeps his word."

"Is it done?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man, Thierry, yet lives and I remain a welcome guest in the French Quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches."

"I believe them to be honorable. They did release Hayley to me. Although, they haven't been entirely forthcoming. Marcel obviously has something that they need. They don't want him dead. There must be a reason why."

Davina's Attic
Lizzie's POV

In a dark and dusty attic, a bed, some canvases stand with a girl, a young witch. My Davina. She was practicing with a candle when Marcellus and I came in. "I assume it's all quiet out there?"

"The witches know better than to use magic. They know I can sense it when they do. What about the old ones? They're dangerous, and I don't want them to hurt either of you."

A smirk appears upon my face and I walk to her placing my hands on her face. "The Originals? My sweet Davina, as powerful as you are, they don't stand a chance." I gently kiss her forehead and look out the window to the city I love. "Besides, I will die before I let them destroy what we built. New Orleans is OUR city. No one will take that from us." I turn back to face Marcellus and Davina with a determination. "No one."

Gerard Plantation
3rd POV

Elijah and Klaus are talking in the study of their house. "In addition to the secret weapon he uses to control the witches, Marcel has assembled a small army of vampires. Working together, we can destroy them from the inside."

Klaus nods and gives Elijah a look. "What of Rebekah? Has she stopped her pouting long enough to join the fun?"

"She has made her disinterest quite clear." Klaus sighs but smirks. "One too many times daggered and shoved in a box, I gather? Or perhaps she doesn't share your unwavering belief that I can be saved."

"Rebekah may surprise us yet. After all, we all swore the same vow."

"I hope she stays far away. Because in my desire to reclaim this town, to steal from Marcel that which he holds most dear, I have realized one massive vulnerability. One weakness that Marcel could exploit."