Feelings and Lies

Felt like updating again. I know it's short, but I'm working on more, I swear! Let me know what you think!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

French QUARTER Garage
3rd POV

Marcel and Rebekah sit and talk to a mad Diego. "I just don't get it, man. We would've stayed with you to the end."

Marcel sighs and shakes his head. "Letting you do that would have been letting you die, and you're still my people. Now, just follow my lead. Trust me, it ain't over yet."

Diego leaves, and Rebekah rubs Marcel's shoulders. "You can't afford your wounded pride. With Klaus in control of your empire, you need to give him what he craves most: loyalty. Or, at least, the illusion of it."

Marcel scoffs. "I ambushed him, tried to bury him alive. He's not gonna trust me."

"He will, because he wants your allegiance. Speaking from my experience, I know that if you play the part, all is forgiven. But, if you give him any reason to doubt you, he will strike back." Rebekah takes Marcel's hand in her own. "Make me a promise, Marcel. You will do whatever it takes to stay alive."

"I will, but what about Mama? She blames me for Victor's death. Which in this case is true. If I didn't try to ambush Klaus and cuff her to stop her from helping, Victor wouldn't have been in the fight in the first place." He places his head in his hands.

"What's done is done, Marcel. You can't bring him back. However, Lizzie loves you. She will forgive you, she just needs time."

French QUARTER Yard

A dinner table is set up in the yard and Marcel's closest people are gathered around it. Klaus calls for everyone's attention to give a speech by tapping his cup with a fork. "Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine." Niklaus nods to a group of waiters and waitresses to have them join them at the table, one for each guest as he continues. "Insatiable need, exquisite pain..." The servants slit their wrists with knives, filling the cups with blood for the vampires. "Our victories, and our defeats." He looks at Marcel. "...To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow..."

Marcel jumps in cheerfully. "...and the party never end!"

Diego raises his glass. "To New Orleans."

Klaus grins and does the same. "To New Orleans!" Everyone repeats,then they all drink. "I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel and Elizabeth, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires."

Diego motions to Hayley. "What about her? The wolf."

Klaus smiles, but looks irritated at the interruption. "Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." He walks over to the other end of the table where Hayley sits. "As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of our child to create hybrids. I assure you I do not."