Chapter 33 (Missing you)

Jin was absolutely nervous and worried. A part of him wanted to hate Jungkook for lying and playing with him, but even if he tried he just couldn't.

After all, even if Jungkook had hurt him, he still wanted to believe that at least a part of their relationship was real, he wanted to believe that the love he had for him was reciprocated.

While thinking about everything and trying to find an answer, Jin remembered something that led him to an epiphany.

Flashback

- Stop looking at me Jungkook- Jin said, trying to ignore the fact that his ears were getting bright red and that he actually loved having Jungkook's attention on him. He expected the latter to deny his actions and just say he was looking to something near him but instead he heard something that made his heart pound even faster.

- I'm sorry, I just... I don't think I've ever seen anyone or anything prettier than you under your the moonlight- Jungkook said abruptly, as if he wasn't realizing that he was saying is thoughts out loud.

That night, Jungkook had offered to walk him home, and Jin had accepted because he couldn't stop his heart of guiding his every move and action, so when Jungkook said those words so easily and so honestly, he developed a sense of hope that maybe they were meant to be.

- Look at the stars? Aren't they beautiful?- Jin said, trying to change the conversation and calm down his feelings.

- They are beautiful indeed- He looked at the sky and then to Jin again- I promise you one day you're gonna show the world that you are just as mesmerizing as them, I know you'll do.

- I... we'll go it together, I'm sure, your company has been promoting you a lot lately,  you're going to have an enormous fandom and I'll have your back!- Jin said excitedly, he was so happy that he almost missed how Jungkook's expression dropped instantly.

End of flashback

At that time, Jin wasn't sure why Jungkook had gotten quiet all of the sudden, he couldn't understand how Jungkook's smile started to look like a sad and small smile. Jin didn't understood it at the time but now, he was almost sure that he had figured out  the reason for his sudden change of behavior.

Jin blamed himself for not having noticed sooner, for making Jungkook wait and suffer alone, while the world dragged him and hated him for actions that he didn't wanted to do. He trembled while thinking how hard it was for Jungkook to endure the pain of seeing everyone hating on him, but he felt even worse thinking that Jin wasn't there for him when he most needed it.

But that suffering was over, Jin was still hurt and angry because of how Jungkook treated him, but in that moment Jungkook needed him and he was going to be there for him.