My Home

I woke up when the alarm was beeping like crazy. It was 7:00 am and I was NOT looking forward to it since my dad is downstairs. If you're wondering why I'm not looking forward to it, well.... you just have to see the bruises on my arms and legs to see why. I dragged myself out of bed and downstairs. When I went into the kitchen I found my dad eating his cereal. He looked up at me when i went closer to the kitchen.

"What are you looking at ugly?" He said in his aggressive tone.

"Nothing daddy," I said shyly while proceeding to the cupboards to get a plate. I ignored the death glares he gave me and it was hard though. My mum was nicer then this man but she died of cancer. I got some toast from the fridge and put it in the toaster. I then walked to the sink to wait for my toaster to pop, better then sitting with that old grump (he's only 45 though). Although he wasn't really happy with it.

"Sit down you filthy girl!" My dad shouted. I shuffled really slowly to the table and sat down. "Why did you leave your clothes on the floor of your room!?"

"I... was busy," I said softly.

"No! It's because you're a lazy girl!" He shouted. "Haven't I taught you not to be lazy!?"

 Fortunately my dad went out to work while I was left alone. At least he didn't hit me or anything, like he always does. But last night was so bad that his beatings left a mark on my face. I got dressed into my uniform, grabbed my skateboard and skated to school. I tried hiding the blood away and the bruise but it was nearly impossible but hopefully it doesn't look to bad. I got to school and I knew I didn't really do a good job when people started staring at me. I got to my classroom and sat down on my table and Freddie came to me, the grin on his face visible.

"Hey skatey mcgree," He said confidently.

"Hey Freddie," I said bluntly. He frowned, hearing the blunt tone.

"Whats with the long face Dace," Freddie said.

"Just not in the mood for a smart-alec conversation," I said. Freddie just shrugged and walked away.  Dewey then came inside, a happy look on his face.

"Hello guys," Dewey announced. "I have a new song we can perform!"

"What is it!?" Freddie exclaimed, happy to be able to play his drums again.

"We will be playing 'Don't change' by INXS," Dewey said. "I heard it on the radio today."

I heard the song, and it seemed like her style to sing. That was the only good thing that had happened today. I got up and got my guitar and my microphone and put them in front of the drums and Freddie. 

"One... two... one, two three and go!" Freddie shouted, counting us in. I started singing but the bruise on my mouth was making the whole singing experience painful. As I was singing I started singing really out of tune and Dewey must've heard it because he stopped everyone and frowned at me.

"What's going on Tomika?" Dewey asked. I shrugged.

"Sore mouth," I said. I couldn't tell anyone that my dad was abusive or they will make a too much of a big deal, but I think Summer is starting to pick up on it.

"How about we practice without the singing first," Zack asked. Dewey shook his head.

"It's not the same without the singing," Dewey said.

"Well it's not right for her to sing if it's painful," Summer said.

"Well maybe lets give it a break for today," Dewey said.