Meeting Up At The Ice-cream plaza

Later on after the school day I went back to Summer's house since I was staying there because my dad 'went on a business trip' but really he kicked me out of the house for a week. I was happy to be at Summer because at least I won't get abused there. We did our math homework together for a little while and when we finished I just remembered I had to meet up Clark at the ice-cream shop for some reason I don't know. I decided not to tell Summer because she would come up with at least a million reasons why I shouldn't hang around him. I got dressed into some casual clothes, and headed out while Summer was in the shower. I walked off to the ice-cream shop until I realised there was at least three in our area, and Clark never told me which one it was, so I had to go to the closest one from Summer's house and since she wasn't there I had to look into the other two, but luckily I found Clark in the third ice-cream shop, sitting there at the tables infront of the ice-cream shop, and smiled when he found I was walking towards him.

"Hello, Tomika," He greeted.

"Hey Clark," I responded, smiling.

"How's my baby doing?" He asked, which weirded me out.

"Don't call me baby ever again," I warned.

"Okay, sorry," Clark said.

"So what did you want?" I asked.

"Nothing," He said. "I just wanted to hang out. Want some ice-cream?"

I shrugged. "Sure."

We went inside to pick our selection of ice-cream flavours. I chose mint and strawberry and Clark ordered chocolate and rocky road. We went back outside to the tables in front of the whole ice-cream shop, and just sat there and ate our ice-creams.

"So hows School Of Rock?" Clark asked me.

"Hmm? Oh, it's pretty good," I said. "We're working on our song for Battle Of The Bands."

"Oh really?" He said. "What song?"

"'Hammer to Fall' by Queen," I said. But then I realised maybe I shouldn't have given him that information because he could do something that would probably put the whole band in jeopardy but then I also thought that he wouldn't do that, he seemed nice enough. As I was thinking this, I felt my phone vibrate so I took it out to see it was a text from Summer.

Hey Tomika Mr Finn wanted me to tell you that we are having a rehearsal, like right now and wanted me to tell you that he actually needs you to sing.

I kind of still wanted to hang out with Clark, since I was hoping a little 'kiss' would happen, so I wrote back to her.

Can't, I'm busy with someone

And then put my phone back into my pocket and left it at that. I then gave my full attention to Clark.

"Who was that?" Clark asked me.

"Oh, that was Summer," I said. "She was just telling me about rehearsal tonight for Battle Of The Bands."

"And what did you say?" He asked.

"I said I can't, I'm busy with someone," I said, which made him smile. As I looked at his smile I realised it seemed a little suspicious, as if this was what he planned to do, but I snapped myself out of my theory thought.

You're being stupid, I thought.

"So how did the name 'School Of Rock' get brought up?" He asked.

"Well, a little story is behind it," I said. "We were asked to play a gig for a girl's princess party but we couldn't think up of a name, and Zack and Lawrence had different suggestions and since Lawrence always goes with what Zack does, Zack was surprised and the band split into two. But when it came to the day we got back together and Lawrence actually announced we were 'School Of Rock' which everyone loved."

"So some drama came with it, huh?" He said.