Reuniting With The Band

I was at home all by myself, which was weird because I would usually be beaten up by my dad and have bruises on my face. Anyway I decided to apologise to the whole band, but I have to organise it with Mr Finn first so I picked up the phone and called him

"Hello?" Mr Finn answered, and for a second I was too afraid to answer, so I sighed and dealt with it.

"Hello Mr Finn," I responded.

"Hello Tomika," He said.

"Listen," I started. "I just wanted to say I'm really sorry for what I did, I should've never did that. It was really dumb to do that."

Mr Finn sighed. "I forgive you Tomika, but you need to say that to the others. I'll organise a day to do that."

"Thank you, Mr Finn," I said, then hung up.

                                                                                           ***

I was waiting silently with  Mr Finn in our classroom, nervous to having to face the music *excuse the pun*. A few minutes later the door and in came Freddie, Summer, Zack and Lawrence.

"Hey Mr Finn," Freddie greeted.

"Hey Fred," Mr Finn said.

"Hey guys," I greeted.

"What do you want?" Freddie hissed, and I was about to yell at him but I remembered he had every right to be mad at me... they all did.  They all sat down and were staring at me which put me in a mind blank.

"First off, I think we should address the elephant in the room," I began.

"Damn right," Zack said.

"Anyway," I continued. "Listen guys.. I'm so sorry for ditching you guys for 4 months, and hanging out with Clark instead. I should've listen to you guys when you said he was trying to break us up."

"So he really was just using you?" Lawrence asked.

"Yeah," I said. "And remember how I was accused of selling drugs to one of the contestants?" 

"Yeah," Freddie said.

"Well Clark sent that documents," I said.

"That weasel!" Freddie hissed.

"You can hate me all you want," I said. "But I need to perform in one last show before I go."

"What do you mean 'go'?" Summer said. "Where you going?"

I sighed. "Well, my dad was actually abusive--"

"Knew it!" Mr Finn exclaimed.

"As I was saying...," I continued. "I accidentally knocked him out so I called the police and they must've called child services. The child services manager told me they had to send me to an orphanage in New York."

"So we'll never see you again?" Lawrence asked.

"Yep... pretty much," I said, and then I heard hearts breaking. "Don't worry guys, I'll text or facetime you while I'm there."

"But it won't be the same," Zack said.

"I know," I said. "But I have no choice."

"We're gonna miss you," Freddie said.

"I'm going to miss her more," Summer said, her voice breaking a little.

"But we can't perform your last show," Lawrence said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Didn't we get kicked out of the competition?" Lawrence said.

"Yes, but we can sneak in," I said.

"That's impossible," Zack said.

"Well that's why I trusted my instincts and originally gave us a fake name," Mr Finn said.

"Mr Finn, you're a genius!" Freddie exclaimed.

"So what do you say?" I asked, and everyone smiled at each other.

"We're in!!!"