The Next Morning

The next morning the sun rose and gleamed into the window, waking me up. The night seemed so quick, and I was wondering if this was a dream so I pinched myself really hard but I felt it and I was still looking at what I was staring at before I pinched myself so I wasn't dreaming.

All though I wish I was, I thought. But anyway...

I got up from my sleeping blanket and headed into the kitchen to find only Summer and Freddie there, and it did look like they were about to kiss and I was actually about to stop them but then I remembered yesterday, and I just decided to let them kiss. The gap between them was closed for five seconds until they parted again. I decided just to pretend I didn't actually see them and that I just walked in there just now, although I wanted to squeal with Summer about it and tell her how it was but she would also be embarrassed.

"Hey guys," I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Tomika," Freddie greeted.

"Hey... Tomika," Summer said, her face red.

I know why, I thought, smiling to myself.

"I made pancakes," Freddie said. "Want some?"

"Heck yeah!" I said. Freddie got a plate from the cupboard, put about five on my plate and handed me the plate. "Thanks man!"

He winked as a response and continued making more. I sat at the table and dug into my stack of pancakes, finishing them all in about a few minutes. I went back into the kitchen but Freddie already knew what I was about to ask because he added five more onto my plate and I excitedly went back to the table and had all of it. 

"Don't you want maple syrup?" Freddie asked me.

"No fenks," I said with a mouthful of pancakes in my mouth.

"What was that?" Freddie asked, frowning.

"No fenks," I said again but he didn't understand.

"I can't understand you," Freddie said. I finished chewing up the pancakes in my mouth and swallowed it, and then turned to Freddie.

"I said no thanks," I said, then finished it up and carried the plate to the kitchen.

"Want anymore?" Freddie asked.

"No, I'm good," I said. 

"If you need to brush your teeth I have a spare toothbrush in the bathroom," Freddie told me. "I just would have to make sure no one else uses it."

"Cool, thanks," I said. "I'm actually going to brush my teeth now, if that's okay?"

"Yeah, sure," He said. "It's the green one in the glass cup."

"Thanks," I said, then walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth with the one he said was the spare. After that I went back into the kitchen but forgot I was actually at Freddie's house.

"I just need to get dressed," I said.

"But where's your clothes?" Freddie asked me, which did kind of make me freeze in my shoes.

"Um...," I said, trying to think of a great excuse without revealing my dad kicked me out of my own house. "My dad actually went away for the week but doesn't want me to be alone in the house so he allowed me to crash at one of my friends house until he gets back."

"Well you can sleep at my house until he gets back," Summer offered.

"Yeah, okay thank you," I said, and she smiled back. "I have to go to my house now and get my clothes."

I headed out of the house and ran all the way to my house. As I was running, I thought maybe I shouldn't had said yes to me staying at her house because my dad will beat me up if I don't come home at all. I then thought that the reason he kicked me out was for leaving the house while he was gone, so I just have to do that every day for a week and then I'll go back and live in my screwed up house life. When I got to my front door I realised my dad would've locked the door, so I couldn't go upstairs to my room unless I climbed up... wait! The only way I could get in was to climb up to my window and go through there. I climbed the big tree that was beside my house and climbed util I was right at the roof. I jumped onto the roof and crawled to my bedroom window and got in. I had to be quiet because who knows, my dad might beat me up for no absolute reason. I had to walk light footed so my dad doesn't hear me. I got changed into my school uniform and packed my school bag and was ready to go, until I heard footsteps outside of my bedroom door, which made me rush out but as I was ready to jump out of my window onto the roof, the door slammed open and behind it was my dad, looking angry, which wasn't a surprise since he always looked that way.