There's Something About Clark That They Don't Know

The four shocking words Clark said to me made me freeze, and not talk for the next few moments, and Clark was starting to think I was actually ice frozen.

"Tomika, you alright?" Clark asked, but I responded with just a silent moment. "T-Tomika... what's wrong?"

What's wrong!? I thought. What do you think is wrong!? You just asked me out, and you're my enemy! Why do you suddenly like me?

"W-wow," I said. "That's some pretty shocking and unexpected news right there."

Clark smiled. "I know... it's really shocking... which is why I didn't tell you while you were rushing somewhere and insulted me by calling me a woman."

"Well you were being a smart-alec," I said, and he nodded.

"Yes, I was," Clark said. "And I'm sorry for that."

"But do you actually like me?" I asked him. "I mean, we go way back but not in a good way... we hated each other since the day we met."

"Well... I don't hate you anymore," Clark said. "I think your the most beautiful girl in the world."

I felt myself blushing, and it would be a matter of time until Clark saw it.

"I understand this is a situation where blushing is appropriate," Clark said.

Yep, he saw it, I thought.

"But we're too young," I said. "I'm 12 and your... how old are you?"

"I'm also 12," Clark said. 

"But we're still too young to be dating. "Dating is something you do in your mid to late teen years."

"But Mike Wheeler and Eleven from Stranger Things were dating," Clark said.

"No, Mike kissed Eleven but she died a few minutes later," I pointed out.

"Yeah but in the next season they were dating," Clark pointed out.

"But they were teenagers then," I said.

"Just a year older than 12," Clark said.

"And how do you know that happens?" I asked him. "You don't even like sci-fi."

"Well I have Netflix and once there was nothing to watch so I just watched that," Clark said.

"Well anyway," I said. "We're too young to be dating, so maybe a few years later."

"But you'll probably be dating someone else then," Clark whined.

"Well not everything you plan in the past happens in the future, Clark," I advised him. "Like I said I wanted to be an accountant when I'm older but now I'm thinking about being a singer."

Clark shrugged. "But sometimes what you plan in the past ends up happening."

"Rarely," I said. Clark sighed.

"Just think about it," He said, and walked back into the school building.

How the hell am I going to forget about this conversation? I thought. 

"Psst, Tomika!" A familiar voice behind me called. I turned around and found Summer, Freddie, Lawrence and Zack behind a tree.

"Hey guys," I said. "What were you doing behind the tree?"

They got away from the tree and came over to me.

"Clark seemed a little suspicious to us so we followed to see if he was planning anything," Freddie explained.

"Well he was planning to ask me out," I told them, and they were shocked.

"Seriously, that watermelon haired shrimp?" Summer exclaimed. I nodded.

"What did you say?" Zack asked me.

"I said we're too young and kept repeating it over and over again but then he told me to just think about it," I said.

"I'd say no," Summer said. "It's likely he's just trying to seperate you from us so School of Rock breaks up."

"Yeah," Freddie agreed. "He hated School Of Rock since it even begun."

"He'd do anything to prove to Principal Mullins that School Of Rock actually exists," Zack said.

"Something tells me that he actually wants to be in the band also," Lawrence said. I looked at Lawrence in disbelief.

"Why would he try to break us up then?" I asked him. "If there is no School Of Rock, he couldn't be in it then."

"It was just a theory," Lawrence said. 

"And we can't afford any risks or distraction since Battle Of The Bands is a few weeks away," Zack pointed out.

"Relax," Freddie said. "Mr Finn said it was scheduled in about 6 weeks."

"And we still haven't rehearsed with a singer yet!" Zack exclaimed.

"It's not my fault, though," I defended. "My da... dam skateboard screwed up and I fell over and landed on my mouth.

"Oh, that's gotta hurt," Zack said.

"It did," I told him.

"Well it wasn't the skateboards fault, it was yours," Freddie said to me. I scoffed.

"Your skateboard is more screwed up then mine, buddy," I shot back.

"Guys! Stop fighting about skateboards," Zack said, calming us down. "Clark is probably trying to break us up, he always hated us and why would he just change his mind now?"

"And why be nice now when you ask her out and look suspicious?" Freddie said. "If I was him I would be nice to Tomika for a couple of months then ask her out."

"So you would ask Tomika out?" Zack asked Freddie, smirking.

"No, I meant if I was Clark," Freddie said.

"Uh, Tomika," Lawrence said.

"Yeah," I said, turning to him.

"There's a note on the seat you and Clark were sitting at," He said, pointing at the seat. I looked over and saw a yellow folded piece of paper on the seat where Clark and I were sitting. I went over to it and opened it to see what it says. It said-

                                                   Meet me at Florist park at 5pm

                                           - Clark