Round II

After the school day, I was walking home but couldn't stop thinking about the note Clark gave me, which actually he left me. Should I meet him there or should I just ignore the note and continue on with my life? The thing with meeting him is that I could tell him that I don't wanna date him and get it over with but with just ignoring him I will feel guilty for just leaving them there and will feel worse everytime I see him, and honestly I have a soft side for people like that. I also wanted to listen to my friends who told me not to do it because he is just trying to break up the whole band. Part of me wants to listen to them but part of me believes that Clark might not be that kind of person anymore. I kind of saw it in his eyes and really I can eye read some people. Like when I was old enough I could read in my dad's eyes that he was going to be abusive but that was also when I started doubting myself that I could eye read, but turns out I was true because when I was 7 he started abusing me. I still got the scars to prove it. Oh, speaking of my dad I remembered he would be here when I got home and would be trying to fix the car. I really wasn't looking forward to going home since I knew it would be round II of the abusive hour and my collection of scars and bruises will be filled with more. I turned into my street and walked over to my house until I was almost up to the front door but tried to avoid my dad hearing me arrive. He was on the driveway and was underneath the car, trying to fix something. I almost made it to the front door but I accidentally stepped on a stick, which made a cracking noise which my dad heard. He got out from under the car and glared angrily at me.

"Where were you!?" He shouted.

"I... was late," I said softly, but he shook his head.

"What did I tell you about being late!?" He shouted. "Leave there early! Don't be a stupid little girl and talk with your dumb friends until your 5 minutes late!"

Dumb? I thought. Says you!

"And your going to pay for it!" He shouted, and threw the claw hammer that was in his hands at me but luckily missed. He swore at himself at missing, and just went back to servicing the car. I sighed of relief that he didn't try for a second attempt.

I went upstairs to my room and then thought of having a shower so I got the clothes I was going to wear as my pyjamas and went into the bathroom. I put them aside and took my school clothes off and hopped in the shower and turned on the water. The water kind of felt good on my scars that my dad left me and it didn't hurt so much. I put shampoo in my hair and washed it off, washed myself and then washed the soap off. I was suppose to get out but the warm water felt so good that I had to stay in there. It was a really relaxing experience until I heard heavy footsteps stomping up the stairs, which I knew was my dad. At first I was as frightened as hell until I remembered I locked the door... wait

Oh no-

                                                                                                     ***

"Don't ever waste the hot water again!" He shouted in my ear. "I needed it but you wasted it! Your selfish!"

Then he went downstairs. I don't know where he went but I know he went out because I heard the engine of the care roaring and heard it drift away. I was happy for that so I can finish my cold shower and get dress but I also have to deal with the pain that man put me through. My stomach felt like it was swollen and my ribs felt like they were going to split in half. I went back upstairs to the bathroom and looked in the mirror to find I had bruises and scars on my nose and above and below my lips as well as a black eye. Also I had a massive headache and I even had bruises on my back and my body. I didn't do anything major but I still got a bad beating like this... pfft, I always get a bad beating like this when the issue is only small and even sometimes went it's major. I went back into the shower and finished up my now cold shower before hopping back out, drying myself off and then putting my clothes on. After that I went back into my room, trying to deal with the pain I went through in the last 3 minutes. I couldn't think properly and I looked really terrible from the bruises. Then my phone started ringing so I picked it up and it was a text from Clark.

Clark: Don't forget about the meet up at Florist Park at 5pm

Oh damn. I forgot about that but really now I'm not in the mood for doing it right now but I also don't want to reject him so I decided to go but I couldn't go meet him when my face looked like this, so I went into my dad's room, whom he will kill me for invading his privacy, and went into a cupboard that had my mum's belongings in it. I pulled out some makeup and a mirror and went back into my room and tried to hide the scars and bruises with the shade of colour identical to my shade of skin colour. I spent about 5 minutes on it and it turned out great. It looked like I didn't even get beaten up a couple of minutes ago but you can kind of still see the bruise near my eye which will be a problem because that's where Clark will look at me, but I could tell him it was from me playing basketball today but the basket ball hit me in the eye, hopefully he'll believe it. I put on my Nike's and then headed out the front door, ready to meet Clark in a really awkward and uncomfortable situation.