Problems Within and Without

Hi low everyone. New part time. Hope you enjoy. I don't own Vampire Diaries only my oc's. Bye and enjoy.

Annamarie pov
A few days later we went to find Nik. I had been unbound from him. I was safe. While we were waiting Eli looked at me.
" You're free." I nodded my head.
" Yes. I am finally me." We found Nik and Eli threw down clothes for our brother.
" You've been busy."
" That was amazing. How long has it been?"
" Almost two days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf."
" I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill."
" Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way."
" Just like old times, brother."
" Well you've had your fun. I believe we had a bargain."
" That's right. Well Anna is free. But what was the other part again? Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family."
" You gave me your word Niklaus."
" What kind of a brother would break his bond? Even though you did try to kill me."
" I could have. But I didn't."
" And now no one can. Not even you. Relax Elijah. All is forgiven."
" Where are they?"
"You need to lighten up. I'll bring you to them soon enough." We went off.

We went back to Nik's place. We heard Katerina.
" Klaus. You're back. Look who decided to come for a visit."
" You just keep popping up, don't you?"
" I need your help.......for my brother."
" Well, whatever it is, he's gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention." Eli kept me hidden behind him.
" You understand how important family is or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with his own."
" And so I shall." Nik shoved me away and stabbed Eli.
" No!" I ran over and held Eli close.
" What have you done?! You promised me!!" Nik bent down.
" Don't worry sister. It's only for a little bit for trying to kill me. They'll all be free soon. I promise." He got up and turned.
" Oh. And if you pull the dagger out the deal is off." I let tears fall onto Elijah's face. I couldn't do anything. Nik sped and kept Stefan on the wall.
"Now, what am I gonna do with you?" He stabbed Stefan in the chest.
" Do you feel that? It's scrapping against your heart. The slightest little movement and you're dead."
" He's just trying to help his brother." Katerina said.
" The witches said you had a cure. Make me a deal. Just give me the cure, and I'll do whatever you want." Nik took the knife out then went over to the bar.
" Trouble is. I don't know if you'd be any good to me the way you are now. You are just shy of useless." Nik went over with a glass of blood.
" I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades. When he was off, he was magnificent. 1917, he went into Monterey and wiped out an entire migrant village.......a true ripper. Sound familiar?"
" I haven't been that way in a very long time."
" Well that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent that I can use when I leave this town. Katerina, come here." Nik bit Katerina then gave her his blood. Her wound healed.
" You want your cure. There it is."
" Your blood is the cure."
"Gotta love mother nature. Now......let's talk you and I." Nik got Stefan to drink blood bag after blood bag while we watched. I had moved Elijah so he could at least be somewhere safe. I watched as Stefan became something he hadn't been in a very long time. I sat by Elijah and let the tears flow.

Elijah had always been there for me. He was my brother. The best big brother a girl could ask for. He had always watched over me. Through everything.

Flashback
I was by a stream crying.

Mother had been teaching me when I got frustrated. I couldn't do it. Mother had tried to convince me and been patient with me. Even father tried to calm me down but I had gotten upset and ran.

Suddenly I heard a voice.
" Now what are you doing here Annamarie?"
" Eli." My brother sat down and smiled.
" We have been looking for you Anna. Why did you run?" I put my head down.
" I can't do it. I'm not like mother or Kol. I'm not smart and quick to learn. I'm not good enough."
"Anna. You are incredibly smart and quick. I know you can do anything you set your mind to."
"But what if I fail when it's important? Or what if I hurt someone? I'm scared Elijah. I'm so scared." Eli pulled me close.
" It's alright little one. I know you won't hurt anyone. Do you know how I know this?" I shook my head.
" Because you are the kindest, gentlest, and sweetest soul ever. I know you sister. You will be fine. And we will help you. I promise. I will always help you Anna." I smiled and threw my arms around his neck.
" Deal brother." Elijah chuckled then picked me up and put me on his back.
"Let us leave engill." I put my arms around his neck and buried my face into his neck.
End of flashback

Nik came over to me.
" Now don't worry sister. I'll release him soon. But I have something to cheer you up. I'm going to undager one of the other three. Whichever one you choose. I promise and I'll leave them undagerred. Any one you want. I'll even let you choose Finn if you wish. Now let's go and you may choose."

We went to where the Nik had the others. He put Elijah away and then spoke to me.
" Now. Choose one sister."
" Really?"
" Yes. I won't break my word this time."
" Fine. I want Bekah out."
" Really? Not Finn."
"Not yet. Bekah."
" Very well." He went over and undagerred Bekah. Now she just had to wake up.

While Nik talked to Stefan I waited. It wasn't long before Bekah gasped and got up. She looked at me.
" Anna?"
" Bekah." I said with relief. She sped to me.
" Anna! Thank god!! Where's Elijah?" I looked away ready to cry.
" Oh. Anna I'm so sorry."
" He made me choose one of you. He's punishing Elijah for trying to kill him. So I had to choose one of you three." Bekah pulled me close.
" It's alright Anna. We'll be fine. I'm back now. And nothing will keep me away sister." Nik spoke.
" Well. Now let's go."

Okay. Done. Hope you enjoy. Adios amigos. See you soon.