Chapter 8

Leah's POV

The rest of the guys had come back with the food. Ryan had been acting really weird since he came back. We still hadn't talked since everything happened back in Liverpool. I don't really know where we stand. I wasn't going to ruin the night by focusing on it. If he wanted to be childish as give me bad looks then I would leave him alone. Anyway I was having fun with Joel.  We sort of instantly clicked when we met. We were acting like we had been friends for ages. 

I got up from the sofa to clean the dishes when I felt a hand grab me and pull me back down. I landed straight on Joel's lap. "Where do you think you’re going?" he asked me. 

"To clean up the dishes" I said pointing tithe kitchen. "Don’t worry about that, Andy can clean them..." Joel started before getting interrupted by Andy. "Will I?" Joel looked at Andy and flicked his eyes to the door. Andy muttered something under his breath as he got up to clean.  I giggled. Looked at Joel. He was the most perfect guy I had ever met. I was falling for him so fast it was scary. "You know it's rude to stare" Joel said mimicking what I had said to him earlier. 

"Before you guys carry on flirting. Can we choose a movie to watch?" Adam questioned. 

"Put ‘Woman in black’ on" Ryan said. It was the first thing he had said in an hour. It was starting to get creepy because he had just been starting non-stop at me and Joel. 

"No!" I shouted causing everyone to look at me. "I hate that film so much it scares me" 

Joel wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. I hadn’t realised that I was still sat on his lap. He moved his head closer to my face and whispered “I’ll be here to protect you” this made me blush like mad. “You have a dimple?” Joel said. “Point out the obvious” I replied sarcastically. He pulled a fake hurt face and I just laughed.

“Will you two just shut up” Ryan said sharply. It really hurt me to think that I had done something so bad to him that he hated me. I was just having a bit of fun. “Please” he finished turning around.

Ryan’s POV 

The film was about to end. I didn’t even know half of what happened because I kept looking at Leah and Joel. It did hurt that she just ignored me when Joel came into the picture. It was as if everything that happened back in Liverpool didn’t mean anything to her.  The credits started to roll. I stood up and stretched. Adam had left half way through the film said he was meeting up with an old friend. I resented him right now leaving me with “the couple” the thing that annoyed me the most was that they hadn’t even know each other a day yet they were acting like boyfriend and girlfriend.

Turning around to leave for the door I heard a voice. “Ryan mate which room is Leah’s?” Joel asked me.

“Why” I replied harshly.

“Cause I want to put her in bed seeing as she is asleep” I could hear a questioning tone in his voice as he spoke.

“I’ll do it” he looked at me for a second before saying. 

“Ryan, what the hell has been up with you today? You’ve been acting like such a prick.” 

“What’s wrong with me? You’re the one who is all over Leah, dude you haven’t even known her a day.”

“That’s what’s wrong with you your jealous” he said with a smirk on his face. 

I could feel the anger building up in me. He doesn’t even know her, and he is acting as if he does. I was the one who helped he not him. I was about to argue back when Leah woke up.

 “What’s all the shouting about?” she said in a husky voice. She couldn’t have sounded sexier. 

I opened my mouth to reply when Joel cut me off. “It’s nothing; Ryan’s just being a bit of a mardy cow today. Do you want me to carry you to bed?”

The dick. 

She nodded her head slowly and Joel scooped her up bridal style, she cuddled into his chest. It was killing me seeing her in his arms because I know what Joel is like. He is the heartbreaker. He has never been serious about any of his relationships and has always broken the girl’s heart. I really didn’t want that to happen to Leah. Especially in the condition she is in right now.

He walked out the door and while he was still walking he turned his head to me and stuck his tongue out.