Jaycob Riley: Daily Log

Day 470:

Time had passed quite a bit since I became a civilian. Here I was thinking that each day would seem like a week. Then again, I'm always keeping myself busy; time flies that way. Thanks to Bryan and Tyrese, I was able to work at the military outposts as a civilian volunteer. Although I've come to the realization that Kaylee knows how to work someone to exhaustion; She can be pretty authoritative when she wants to be. She would make a good officer, that's for sure.

That kid I trained, Joseph, is doing pretty good for himself. He's leading his own scouting team. Those other four people I helped train are a part of it. They call themselves Ronin. No idea why, since a ronin is a samurai without a leader. Then again, I heard it also means 'samurai without a home.' I suppose that could be convenient, since we're all still searching for one. Either way, I'm happy for him.

Ever since I started taking counseling from Bryan, things have been getting better in my favor. I don't have as many nightmares anymore; the ones I do have aren't as bad as the ones I used to have. I still think about Cassandra and Dylan. I mean, I'm always going to. But it's been easier to overcome my feelings of guilt. One thing I keep asking myself though: Am I finally moving on? Have I finally come to terms with their desths? Is this really working?