Chapter 14

"Jake. Wake up."

Jake opened his tired eyes and saw Kaylee facing him from above, with her red hair nearly tickling the revealing part of his covered chest.

"Kaylee," Jake yawned. "What time is it?"

"Almost four," Kaylee whispered. "Everyone is still asleep, and its still dark out."

"What's wrong? Something happen?"

"No. Nothing's wrong. I just wanted to show you something before we hit the road today. But you gotta get dressed first."

Kaylee snuck outside of Jake's tent while he stretched and slipped on his shirt and shoes. As he left the tent, he saw Kaylee holding a flashlight while waiting for him.

"Okay," Jake whispered. "Whatcha got?"

"This way," Kaylee answered

Jake followed Kaylee away from the camp, keeping quiet while everyone slept in their tents. Once the two of them arrived at a line of trees, Kaylee turned on the flashlight in her hand as she led Jake through the dense woods. They continued pressing further away until they reached the border fence surrounding the temporary outpost. Kaylee moved a large log away from the bottom of the fence, revealing a small opening.

"Are we gonna get in trouble for this?!" Jake asked, concerned about being caught going through a weakspot of the border.

"Don't worry," Kaylee reassured. "That border always stays secured. I make sure of that personally. But you can't tell anyone I do this."

Jake nodded as Kaylee went through the small hole first. Jake crawled underneath afterwards, following Kaylee through more dense trees and brushes until the two of them came across a small, clear, spring water bathing pond. Kaylee waved the beam of her flashlight in the water, then checked the surrounding area. When she saw nothing, she turned off her flashlight, allowing the pond to glow from the full moon light.

"This pond isn't on any of the maps," Jake stated.

"I know," Kaylee replied as she took off her brown suede jacket, and unbuttoned the white short sleeved buttoned shirt underneath. "I read those maps."

"Woah, what are you doing?!"

"I am cooling off in this pond, Jaycob Riley."

Kaylee removed her buttoned shirt, laying it and her jacket on a limb next to her. She then removed her boots, socks, and the dark blue pants around her legs, revealing a baby blue bra and panties underneath.

"Are you sure this water's safe?" Jake asked. "What if a zombie was in here and infected the water?"

"Then I'm pretty sure I would've known by now," Kaylee answered as she laid her boots underneath her hanging clothes. "I've been here every day, and nothing's messed with this water."

"Something could have today though."

"Honestly Jake, you shouldn't be worrying too much about the things that go on around you. Just live in the moment and enjoy the little things in life."

Kaylee then removed her emerald green necklace from around her neck. Afterwards, she reached behind her and unsnapped her bra, then pulled her panties off, revealing a thin, pale hourglass shaped body, with spots of freckles lightly sprinkled around her chest, just above her perky breasts.

Once Kaylee removed all of her clothes, she quickly ran and dove into the small bathing pond, fully submerging herself in the cool clear water. After a few seconds of swimming, she popped out of the water, catching her breath as she stood in the shallow end of the bath. The moonlight luminated the trickling  droplets from her skin, and it reflected off of the water that was raised up to the neatly trimmed thin pubic hair, which was barely peeking on top of the surface.