Remembering Fall in Summer

My mind’s playing flashbacks and I can see the young version of Autumn walking hand in hand with the young Fall. Running around, playing hide and seek, teasing, crying and later on they’ll be laughing to their hearts content. While I’m busy thinking about the past I didn’t notice that I’m already here… in our own paradise.

I closed my eyes breathing in some fresh air. I opened it and smiled with the view, this place remain untouched and I wonder why is it so clean though no one lives around here and I never get to see anyone else come to this place. I walked towards the wild flowers near the brook and crouched to pick some but before I could I was interrupted by a cough behind me. Wait… there’s no one here but me.

I cautiously turned to face the person behind me. I saw his black and shiny leather shoes and looked up to a man in three piece suit. I stood up and met his hazel brown orbs showing his confusion.

“Oh, uh… hi.” She greeted him nervously.

She sighed slowly when he smiled genuinely. “It’s… really nice in here, don’t you think?”

She unconsciously turned to look at the lake and the flowers and muttered, “Yeah. It’s too beautiful.”

“My parents loved this place. And the first time I got here, I fell in love with it, too.”

“Your parents?” she asked. She never saw anyone in here before so she was wondering when they got here.

“Yes. They used to own this place and gave it to me just three years ago.” He answered and looked at her.

She was shocked with the revelation. Their secret paradise turned out to be a private property and they’re just trespassing.

“I… I didn’t know this is a private property. I’m sorry for trespassing.” She said while shaking her head.

He laughed and she was stunned with the sound of it. “Oh, I’m… sorry.” He said and cleared his throat.

“It’s okay for you to come here whenever you want. By the way, I’m Jae Fallen. My friends call me Fall.”

Like a rewind button was pressed inside Autumn's head and her dream from the night before she decided to take a vacation played unto her mind. The image of Fall, his warm hands caressing her cheeks and he told her, “Open your heart, he’s waiting for you. Aumi.”

“Autumn. Autumn Misami. It’s a pleasure to meet you… Fall.”

She forced herself not to cry when she reached for his hands and shook it gently. Feeling the warmth she's been longing for so long not knowing that he feels the same way too. She told her self that she won’t cry and just enjoy this moment while he's thinking of how to make the girl in front of him be his someday... or maybe as soon as he could. The long wait is over, she almost gave up halfway her journey but chose not to. She took the risk of falling inlove right after having her first heartbreak but then it wasn’t the right time and again broke her heart. She took hold of a promise and patiently waited though she wasn't sure of the the outcome. Maybe it's true... that sometimes... the best comes to those who waits.

Destiny. It has its reasons in its own games and the right time made for everyone. And for Autumn, it is when Fall came one summer.

*****END*****

Thank you so much for reading it until the end. I hope you enjoyed it and like it or maybe loved it too as much as I loved and enjoyed writing it. I really appreciate that you spent some time reading it.

Since you've read this far, I want to share something about this story. It's was actually a two different story but then I decided to make it as one when I realized that it's kind of connected. The stories are "I Risk to Fall" and "A Summer to Remember". I really love Fall and wanted to make a way for him and Autumn to be together again, I mean the first Fall. But I wrote several endings to where he was alive and was never satisfied. So, this is the outcome and I really hope you like it. Again, thank you! :)

Love lots,

       Ms.Shortie

10:41pm

June 12, 2014