Chapter 6

Luna's POV

Nyla sped past the trees, I ignored the sharp wind blowing past me, all I could think of was where life would take me now, and what would happen when the dragon discovers my mother. After a dragon perishes, we dissolve into our element: Sea dragons into water, lightning dragons turn into a bolt of lightning leading up to the sky, fire dragons burst into flames, and us night dragons, well we dissolve into dark mist, I'm not sure if that includes half dragons, might depend on whether we are in human or dragon form. Mother will be dissolving into the sky in a while, I pray that the dragon doesn't find her.

'Are you okay your highness?' Nyla mind linked me, which made me alert. I forgot different species could mindlink when in their forms. 

''Just fine, being aware of our surroundings, but if anything happens let me deal with it while you go to your pack, it's dangerous with a dragon wandering the skies'' I said out loud, I'm not losing another tonight.

'As you wish' She sounded hesitant, but it was for the best.

I checked the skies constantly, I could sense the dragon but it hasn't found my mother yet, if it did then it'd have sent out a roar to let others know it's a confirmed death, one of those roars could shake the earth. 

'We're almost at the pack house' Nyla linked, I nodded.

~~~

After around 10 minutes, I started to see this mansion, it wasn't a surprise since packs are very large but not as large as a dragon's elemental group, we are thousands. Nyla came to a halt very abruptly, I had to hang on to her fur a bit tighter so I wouldn't come flying off. I sniffed the air and smelt another werewolf close by, a growl emitting through the forest confirmed it, I saw red and white eyes coming out of the forest, they were fixating on me and giving questioning glances towards Nyla. 

One wolf was starting to shift, it was one of the bigger wolves of the pack, I could sense he was probably a Beta or the Alpha.

'Your highness, if you may' Nyla was staring at the wolf that was shifting, I hopped off her back.

She began her shift as well, the wolf that finished waited for her to fully shift back, they both pulled on their clothes afterwards. 

''Who is this creature you brought to us, Nyla?'' The male wolf spoke with a strong tone, one fit for a leader, or in this case an Alpha.

''The new queen of the night dragons, Alpha'' She replied, confidence laced in her voice. 

The alpha looked over at me with amusement, as he did, all of the other wolves looked at me with a tinge of fear evident in their eyes. The alpha, to the other's surprise started to bow down, and they followed suite.

''Rise'' My voice was that of a queen, I felt superior, just like Mother was. 

Everyone rose at my voice. The alpha looked over at me, trying to keep his strong posture. ''Then that means, your mo-'' Right when he was about to finish that question, an earth rattling roar came from the sky, the dragon found my mother's remains in time. 

''We need to get inside, it's safer for all of us as of right now'' I say in a rushed tone. This is less dangerous for them than it is for me. All of the royal members of each element will come to the perished queen or king's death ground and do a ritual to praise the death of the dragon. The bad part is, they will search for the new heir.

And that is me, they'll search endlessly.