Chapter 7

Nyla's POV

I followed the pack members into our house, glancing over my shoulder to make sure Luna wasn't gone, I need to make sure she is safe. She smiled at me, reassuring me she was okay, but I can see in her eyes that she was far from being okay, her eyes looked glassy. I grabbed her hand gently and pulled her along.

We entered the pack house, I saw Luna's reaction wasn't as what I thought, she had a poker face on like she has seen many pack houses before. I raised a brow at her and she looked back at me with a grin.

''If you haven't flown into the night sky before, you wouldn't even begin to imagine the feeling it gives'' She winked at me and continued to glance around the house, but I can tell she was on alert.

''Nyla? I would like to see you and her highness in my office, if you will'' Alpha Ross was heard across the floor.

''Yes Alpha'' I said in response. Just as I spoke, I felt the whole mansion begin to get warm, I whipped my head in Luna's direction, her eyes were a darker shade of purple, they looked to have white dots in them, like stars.

''Luna?'' I asked in a whisper, I reached for her hand but they were flaming hot. She looked over towards me and suddenly the room began to cool down. ''Sorry, dragons have a bad temper when ordered around'' She said and reached up to smooth her slightly messed hair. I nodded and took her hand gently, walking towards the many stairs that we'd have to take to see the alpha, he's on the 6th floor.

Luna's POV

I followed Nyla up the 6th set of stairs, why the alpha just had to pick the 6th floor? I'll have no idea. I smiled to myself, thinking that I could burn down this mini mansion to ashes if I truly wanted to, but this pack seems willing to shelter me for now. It's not like a cave but i'll hopefully adjust. 

Nyla led me towards a huge door with large doorknobs, she knocked on the door and waited a few moments before nodding ever so slightly, she grabbed the knobs and began heaving them open. The office was huge i'll give it that, a very high ceiling that you can see the dark sky through. It was raining heavily and I just smiled at that.

''Please take a seat'' The alpha told us as he swiveled around in his chair to face us. I didn't pay much attention when I saw him first since I was distracted. He had spiked, jet black hair, chiseled jawlines, as I narrowed my gaze I could see he had light green eyes, his shoulders were very broad.

Nyla glanced over at me and gestured over towards two large fancy chairs, I didn't want to be difficult so I walked over and sat down on the chair, unfortunately I cannot sit in one place for very long, I am always on the run from danger so it is my natural instinct to move around. I was already tensed. Nyla took a seat down down beside me.

''Well I will start by welcoming you to my pack, you can call me Ross, may I please have your name your highness?'' He spoke in a gentle tone, which he should be.

''My name is Luna, pleasure to meet you, pity it wasn't in better circumstances'' I leaned back in the chair and pressed my lips together, trying not to look antsy to get out, closed spaces and dragons do not go well together.

''I'm so sorry about your loss, Luna. You are welcome to stay here for as long as you need. I'm sure Nyla here will be willing to show you around the pack.'' He smiled warmly as he finished, I nodded as I looked directly into his eyes. Night dragons can sense secrets hidden within one's eyes, and questions that want answers that we possess.

''May I ask you about your kind, Luna?'' He asked, I tried to keep a straight face.

''Go ahead, ask away'' I figured he'd want answers, but I need to be careful. If he spills the information out then I don't want to have to go to extremes as to harm him.

''I've studied that half dragons are an abomination, is that true? And why?'' He asked while straightening himself up in his chair.

''Yes, we are. It is because we are thought of as impure, which is obvious, it brings shame to dragon kind, and pure bred dragons fear that we will go into human form and spill out information like I am doing as of this moment, and if that information is told upon the wrong ears, havoc would ensue. If you spill the information I am telling you now, I'd have no other choice but to hurt you, and I do not wish any harm to you or your members'' I made it very clear in my voice that he better keep this to himself, or else.

I could feel the tense air around us. I felt his fear, while Nyla smiled at me, I can sense the curiosity within her. Some reason I feel like I can trust her.

''What happened to your mother? If it's not too much to ask'' I felt my teeth elongate at the mention of her, my talons began to pierce my skin.

''Dragon Slayers, Alpha. I do not wish to speak more of her'' I lowly growled out, I felt a shaky hand on my arm, I didn't realize my purple scales were forming on my arms. I huffed out, purple mist came out of my mouth and I shift back completely.

''I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have pried" Alpha Ross spoke with sincerity evident in his voice. I shook my head letting him know it's alright.

''I'll dismiss you both, Luna you can take the guest bedroom which is on the 5th floor, lucky for you it's right by Nyla's room.'' He bowed his head and waved us out. I finally stood up and followed Nyla out of the office. I almost lost it in there.

Nyla smiled sadly at me and gave me a hug, it caught me off guard but I returned it. I felt her hit my back gently, I let go and mumbled a sorry. My strength was more than a werewolf's.

''I feel like we have a good connection already, I don't know if it's a dragon thing but I have a good feeling we'll get along just fine'' I smiled at those words, because I felt the exact same.