03 ⚓

Kelly

We arrived at the field of grass where a bunch of people were.

"Hey Kelly and Jennifer!" My uncle, on my mother's side, called to us.

"Hey Uncle Frank," I replied.

"Goddamn, you look so much like your mother. How old are you now?"

"It's rude to ask a lady that but if you must know, I am 25." I folded my arms, leaning against the old oak tree.

He smiled, "Well excuse me."

My aunt Sarah came over, "Oh my! Kelly is that you?"

I smiled, "Here in the flesh."

Sarah looked over at my mother, "Jennifer! It's so nice to see you." They both hugged and started to talk among each other. I let myself wonder away.

A male stood up against the tree on top of the steep hill. He saw me looking at him. He smiled but then continued to stare at the morning sky.

My niece, Penelope, came beside me, "Hey, Kelly."

I smiled. This was probably the only person in my family who resembles me. She didn't wear a dress, rather she wore all dark band merch from Ghost Town.  "Hey Penny. What's up?"

She shrugged, "The usual. You?"

I nodded my head, "Same here. Do you know who's that on the hill?"

She squinted, "No, but he's cute."

I looked over at the guy on the hill. I hadn't noticed before but he was cute. His black hair was just touching his shoulders, he wore a black and red 'Suicide Silence' shirt. When I saw his band shirt, I instantly smiled.

Penny snapped her fingers at me, "Are you here? Get down from the stars, Kell and come back to Earth."

I blinked, "Oh sorry. I was just daydreaming."

She smiled, "Yeah sure you were."

I smirked, "Where's Luke?"

She blushed. Even though she wasn't allowed to date at 14, she still did it anyway. "He's in Miami with his dad."

I nodded, "Oh okay."

She smiled brighter, cupping her hands around her mouth, "HEY! Come here." I realized she was calling the guy on the hill.

He looked down at us, "Me?" His voice was seductive, I nearly fainted.