Chapter 11: Meeting Thomas

Great. A friend of Jack knows me. If he's anything like Jack, then I want nothing to do with him. Jack creeped me out enough the first two times we met. But I shouldn't judge him when he's only said maybe ten words to me.

"Oh, hi." I say cautiously shaking his hand.
"I didn't mean to bother you but I just wanted to introduce myself to you. Jack can't seem top stop talking about you."
"Oh, really?" I nervously say. I can only imagine what he has told him.
"Yeah. He told me that he ran into you on the beach."
"Yeah, He did."
"What a cool place to meet. So do you like him?"
"Oh, umm. I actually met Jake first and was really interested in him, so it would be rude of me to say that I like both of them."
"But their identical twins. If your attracted to Jake then your attracted to Jack. I mean, how do you even tell them apart?"
"I just know." I say. I was lying a little bit, 'cause it is hard to tell them apart, but I just wanted to change the subject.
"It took me forever to tell them apart." He said. I suddenly thought of this as an opportunity.
"How do you tell them apart?" I ask.
"I thought you knew how." he said.
"I do." I replied, stumbling on the words of my lie a bit, "I just wanna see if our ways are the same."
"Ok." He said, "I tell them apart by their jewelry."
    I suddenly think back to when the three of us were at the Café a couple days ago. It was Jake's green bracelet that stood out. It was their jewelry.
"Really, so do I." I say back.
"Yeah, it's a no-brainer. Jake likes wearing rubber bracelets and silver earrings, and Jack likes wearing necklaces and rings."
"Wow. I didn't notice all of that, but when the three of us were at the Café, Jake was wearing a green bracelet that allowed me to tell them apart."
"Yup. That's Jake. Well anyway I just wanted to introduce myself, and see for myself why Jack couldn't stop talking about you."
I just smile.
"Well, it was nice meeting you." I say.
"You too." He says darting his eyes up and down my body. Great. I hope he's not creepy, and that was just an accident. I smile.
"Well, I've got to get home."
"Right." He says, "maybe the four of us could hangout sometime, or more of us if you have any girl friends."
"Oh, I haven't really met any girls here." I reply.
"That's ok." He says, "your pretty cool all by yourself."
"Thank you. Well, I've got to go."
"Right. Sorry bye."
   I guess other than the creepy eye thing he did, he was a pretty nice guy. He was less attractive than Jake, but I was willing to be friends with him.
   It never occurred to me how many of my friends were actually guys. Not that there was anything wrong with that, but I figured out that even in school, I had more guy friends than girl friends.
   I start walking home. It was almost 6:00 so I figured I'd grab something to eat before going home. I stopped at a little restaurant that I've never hear of before. It was nice and small. I sit down. A couple minutes later I order my food. Just my luck, right as the waiter walked away, Jack walked in. He had two necklaces on. Yup, it's Jack. I let out a sigh. I can't escape this one.