Chapter Ten

Trevor Moses

A month Later...

"I can't wait til this damn semester is over." Moriah said as she closed her math book. "You not the only one." I said as I locked my phone. Currently, I was at Moriah's house in her living room. We've been talking for about a month now. "Trevor are you staying for dinner?" her mom asked as she got stuff out of the refrigerator. Of course her mom was there. Moriah said that her mom would never let a boy over without her being here. It wasn't that she didn't trust me, she just did not just trust boys in general. "Yes Mrs. Hill." I said. "You don't have to call me that you can call me Sydney." she said smiling. Moriah also said that she can tell that her mom likes me. "Okay." I said. "Aye yo mom is nice and she bad too." I whispered taking a peek of her mom's ass. "Shut up you creep." Moriah said elbowing me in the ribs.

"Moriah, I'm about to run to the store real quick." her mom said as she grabbed her keys. "Okay." Moriah said. Once she left, I laid my head on her lap. "Does your mom know you're here?" she asked me. "I didn't tell her but she probably knows." I answered. "You all I talk about." She smiled sheepishly, showing her braces. "Aw," she said playing with my curls. "Do you want to play 2K?" she offered. "Fasho, but just so you know daddy gon whoop ya ass." She rolled her eyes and went over to the shelf. She threw the controller at me. "We'll see."

Tremaine Moses

"Aye ma you need me to get you somethin? I'm bouta head out," I asked my mama. "Just give me some cigarettes." she said handing me a $10 bill. I declined the money and told her she was straight then head out to the car. I was about to go to Mark and T house.

Even though they live there it's really like a trap house. They was a bit older than me, maybe about in they early 20s. I drove to the house and as soon as I walked in everybody dapped me up. I went straight to the back to a Wang's office was. I'm knocked on the door and he told me to come in. I know Wang was an Asian name, but Wang was faar from Asian. He was a tall, fat, black as midnight nigga.

As I sat down in the chair that was in front his desk, I handed him the money I made from sellin'. It was only 350. He took this cut and handed it back to me. He said "The other day one of my boys was delivering a few pounds a white to them Mexicans on Delarago and got murked. I was thinking about moving you up to cocaine, if that's alright with you." As bad as I wanted to move up I just couldn't something was telling me I shouldn't do it. It was different I'll always so weed, pills and occasionally a crack rock. But never sold cocaine before. The difference between crack and cocaine was that crack was really cheap and could be sold on the street but cocaine was very expensive. Like Wang just said a nigga just got killed over a pound. Imagine if I was pushin' 20 pounds. But honestly, I'm not ready for that responsibility. "Nah, I'm straight." I said getting up. As I walked out the door he said, "When you stop actin' like a bitch, the offer still stands." I walked out the door before I turned around and decided to take the deal.

I got in the car and zoned out. I ain't know where I was going, but I was just driving. My phone buzzed in my back pocket. It was Aja. "Wassup," I answered. "Whatchu doin?" she asked. "Nothin' much just drivin," I stated nonchalantly. "Why wassup?" I asked. "I'm just bored." she said before sighing. "Call Moriah," I suggested. "She's with Trevor at her house." Oh, so that's where that nigga was. "You dressed?" I asked. "Yeah." she said in a confused tone. "Are you hungry?" I could here her mumble 'this nigga is weird.' "Yeah, why?" she asked. "I'm bouta take you out, just be ready when I come pick you up, cause if you not, I'ma leave ya ass." She laughed. "Okay whatever, want me to send you my address?" She said. "Okay I'ma be over dere in ten." Then we hung up. She texted me her address. I put in my GPS and drove to her house.

Aja Thomas

After putting on my last coat of mascara on my lashes, I smiled at the mirror satisfied with how I looked. My outfit consisted of a light blue tiered dress with white & brown sandals and a white Chanel clutch. I heard a car honk. Tremaine must be here. I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. As soon as he saw me and got out the car. "What the hell you got on?" he asked. "I have on clothes..." I said. "Uh no. Go back in the house and change." he said. "Why?" I asked. "Because niggas gon be tryna look at you." I shrugged. "Go in the house." "No." I protested as I folded my arms. "Go." he pointed to the door. "If I go back in I'm not coming back out." He huffed. "Fine, whatever just get in." I stuck my tongue out at him and got in on the passenger side.

Once we finally arrived at the mystery place, which was Red Lobster, I smiled at him. When we got in, we sat down and our waiter came to us immediately. It was a tall darkskin guy with short hair. "How y'all doin'? I'm Mike and I'll be server tonight. Are y'all ready to order?" He greeted. "Yeah," we both said. "I'ma get the uh Parrot Isle Coconut Shrimp."He wrote it down and then it was my turn. "And for the beautiful lady?" he asked smiling. His teeth were white and perfectly aligned. "Um-" I started but was cut off by Tremaine's loud mouth. "She gon have," he leaned in my ear and whispered, "What do you want?" I rolled my eyes and whispered back "The Shrimp Linguini Alfredo." He nodded then said, "She want the shrimo linguini alfredo." he said as put his arm around my neck. "Okay," Mike said in an annoyed manner then he walked away.

Ten minutes later the food arrived. Immediately we started shamin'. "How did you know I liked Red Lobster?" I asked him. "I remember we was talkin' and you said you love Red Lobster, so I wanted to take you here. It ain't much but a young nigga tried." he said never looking up from his plate. "Aw, you remembered?" He nodded. I was truly shocked. I cannot believe he remembered that. "I remember allot of the things we talk about, shit I'ma remember this too." I laughed at him. I think I will too.